1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mixed signals

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by roborama, May 9, 2011.

1. roborama

so for the long background info see this thread http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/46072-love-sick.html

well i told my best friend that i have feelings for her and if i thought i was getting mixed signals before whoaa nelly its gotten severe. like when i told her to just forget i said anything she said i dont think i want to and i dont know why... like whats that supposed to mean? and then she was distant and theen flitrty and touchy etc. like whaaat? i think this sucks more than beforee

what could this be

2. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

It sounds as if she is really struggling with their own identity. She is unaware of who she is at the moment, much like you have been in the past perhaps. More than likely she is struggling with the fact that she might be gay, and that probably doesn't rest well with her well at the moment. Try and understand that she is probably just as confused on the topic as you. It is uneasy for a friend to hit on you in the first place, and for someone who is closeted it is even more difficult when it faces a problem that they struggle with.

People dont often like to deal with things that bother with them. Even talking about what they dont want to hear often results in conflict. Try and talk with her more incessantly about things, and be as unaggressive as possible. She is fragile at the moment, let her know that you are there to care for her, and that you just need to know what she is thinking. No mixed signals!