1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with the gays...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wondering, May 9, 2011.

1. wondering

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have several male friends that are gay that I am very attracted to. In fact, I find myself always falling for guys that are gay. One of my friends thinks that it's because I'm "a lesbian" (which I am not). Why does this happen and how can I prevent it?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I've heard that this sometimes happens because it's a subconscious safety net; you're attracted to something you know you can't have but at the same times you don't have to worry about potentially being rejected. I think to start preventing it you just have to be aware that it's happening and that it's unlikely to lead anywhere.

3. Skiel

Skiel Guest

That's just the type of guy you like. Some like tall dark and handsome! but You like gay guys! lol There's no problem with that.Except if that consistently happens and every guy you ALWAYS fall for happens to be gay, then you should keep in mind that nothing will happen between the two of you unless he is bi. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find a guy you like that is straight :grin: You can't stop who you are attracted to, so you can't prevent it.