1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Guy in my class died...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Perrygay, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Last night I was watching the news and I saw that there were four teenagers involved in a car accident. It was reported that there were two cars racing down the road, and that one car flipped over the median after it hit the other car. The particular road it was on is near my school so I thought it was likely that the teenagers went to my school; and they did.

So, I walked into homeroom today and there was a grief counselor in my homeroom, and I immediately knew that someone died. Then the principal came over the announcements right after the bell rang, and he announced that one student in my class had died.

Even though I didn't know the guy all that well, it was still upsetting. One girl in my class got so hysterical that she actually collapsed when they were taking her to the counselors' offices.

2. Laxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    that is always so frightening, we have had a death each year at my school for the last two years. one of them was my best friend's cousin and she found out on the day of her audition for a big ballet company and hasnt danced since.... it is scary to think that things like that can happen, and you start to value what you have in a really different way

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh Perry, that's so sad. It's tough when things like that happen to young people.

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

that is sad,maybe people will learn not to race

5. Sam

Sam

thats so sad! I'm sorry.

6. xequar

I'm sorry to hear that... But, at least the person died while having some fun. In my class, we had a person become a quadriplegic from a drunk driving related crash, a person who's now in prison for murder, and two suicides. It's never fun, and it's never easy when you go to the funeral.

7. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Ya, the funeral is going to be hard.

8. Zec24

I'm sorry to hear that. We had a similar thing happen at my high school (no racing though) when I was a Freshman (what is that 7yrs ago now?). I didn't know the girl that died, but it was still very tragic, and I remember people crying hysterically in the hallways that day and then the news crews showing up trying to interview us as we left school.

9. Urman

Urman Guest

aww im sorry to hear that we had a sports director pass away at our school he was the best i cried when i herd the news.. Im sorry to hear what happened thought speed kills i was lucky my self i was speeding to work and i crashed in between to trees i am so lucky it wasn't my life i learned that its very serious when you drive and i know respect cars and speed.

10. 24601

Last year one of our special support aides at school who worked personally with a lot of kids got in a fatal car accident that was out of his control. Naturally, it really affected a lot of people, especially the kids he worked with. It's always sad when this happens. Happened to the school across town this year, canceled the East vs. West football game because of it. Very sad.

11. ebra

you will always hope that things like that will show people that life isnt just all fun and games and that it does happen to people who you know, if not to you personally. I had a friend of mine roll his truck over 6 times last summer. he was drunk and stoned and had his best friend and his girlfriend in the truck with him. his son was two years old. he never lasted the night after he got flown to the nearest city. it was hard on everyone for a long time, still is, all of his friends were always like well he was the best driver when he was drunk out of all of us...they stopped driving drunk for a little while, but they didnt learn. I hope that this isnt like that.

I hope that your school handles it well, when i was in the ninth grade my best friend past away and the school handled it very crudely. we asked for an assembly, and a chance to talk to the rest of the school about what happened and how she died, and we were denied. they didnt want to dwell on it. two weeks after she was gone. instead we had curious kids try and get information out of us, or were like "wow..she really died? did she have a funeral and everything?" it is hard. I hope that it is handled better then that, because many people will be affected by this for some time to come, if not their whole lives.

it is sad. people will mourn. but it is also a chance to rethink our priorities, to realize that life is short and to cherish every moment!

12. Louise

I'm sorry to hear about your schoolmate. This sort of news us always upsetting and brings us face to face with our own mortality. :icon_sad:

13. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree Louise. Sometimes young people make irresponsible choices that take somebody else out too which is even worse. This past weekend, a 17 year old ran a yield sign and hit a 42 year old man killing him. That 17 year old's life is forever changed by this. He's probably going to be charged with manslaughter and go to jail.

14. Today4U

On Halloween, a girl at my school was shot and killed in a robbery at a park. I didn't know her, but it is still very sad.

15. Levi

Levi Guest

I'm sorry to hear that. In 4th grade a friend of mine in my class died. He shot himself with a rifle. It still makes me really sad thinking about it.

16. SpikySpice

Im sorry Perry, it was sad and scary too, I mean because soemtimes I have to sit in a car with my friends who wanna race

Last month I heard a guy in my 4th period got shot and died

17. Bryan

hmm... I am sorry to hear that, it just sounds like one of those things that can put life in to perspective and make you thankful for what you have. Today, my friend's dad died, I had maybe met him once, but... it did really put things in to perspective, and is definitely a reality check.

18. It's been a while since somebody has been killed in our community, so I can only offer my condolences and support. Perrygay, my thoughts will be with you and all the people whose lives have been forever changed due to this tragedy. (*hug*)

19. Torture

Torture Guest

Most of the teens racing all learned it from the movie The Fast And The Furious (Rice, Imports and Tuners). Before that movie came out all I really seen were older people with experience driving/racing. Now it's all chaos.

Sorry to hear about that Perrygay.