1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So there's this guy...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kizza111, May 11, 2011.

1. kizza111

Ok so this guy i've liked for a good few years now. Hes amazingly camp so i allways suspected he was gay/bi. Recently he came out to me as bi and also revealed that he knows about my supposedly secret relationship with my ex bf, so i guess he knows im bi too.

A few months ago he asked me out by sending me a message on facebook, but i didnt go on very often so i didnt see it. He then told me on an instant chat to if i'd read it, and to just ignore it anyway. So i had to ignore it... when i would have said yes.

Then when he came out to me recently, i asked why he said to ignore it and he said "I wasn't sure of my sexuality and i realised i only liked you as a friend". Now i'd really prefer he liked me mroe than as a friend... So i'm hoping he just said this so i didnt realise he liked me? We have flirted alot before and done a few sexual things too. I really want to go out with him but if he just sees me as a friend is it even worth telling him how i feel?

Any advice appreciated..

2. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

It sounds as if he is dealing with things as best as he can at the moment. It also sounds as if he is still confused on the matter of his sexuality. Being Bi for most people is an "in between" phase that they go threw before being completely gay.
    It is very likely that if you told him how you felt, and asked him out that he would say yes. Also understand however that one must love themselves before they can love another full heartedly.
    That said, for what you are directly asking, yes it would be a good idea to ask him out if you feel as if you are ready for that commitment, but be aware that you both need to fully accept who you are first in order to completely be with one another.

I hope this helps,

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My guess is he asked...then, when you didn't answer, decided you didn't like him "like that", and so instantly started backpedaling like crazy. So why not make the same move he did? Ask HIM out. Just say "I'm sorry I didn't see your message for so long. Had I seen it, I would've probably said yes. Any chance you'd still like to go out with me?" If he says no, you'll at least know you tried. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. kizza111

Ok, so if we need to accept ourselves does that mean we should both come out the closet first? :S

5. Holmes

No need to rush into telling others. If it works out, you'll probably want to let others know, but just try meeting up on a very casual date, see how it goes, and take it from there.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lex hit the nail on the head. He showed interest in you and thinking you didn't like him, he recoiled and pertended he didn't mean it.

7. kizza111

Ok so he admits to having liked me before but now says that he doesnt as we are just too good friends.

So yeah i told him i liked him and he basically said we're too good mates for him to like me... but tbh i dont think he understands how much i like him as i kind of undersold it so that he didnt think iwas like crazy. but yeah. not such a good ending :/

8. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he came out to you JUST to ask you out there is really something in there...Honestly.