1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

torn and unhappy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KnightAssassin, May 12, 2011.

1. KnightAssassin

so i am just posting here because idk what to do and i have so many thoughts running through my head and i just am getting distressed about this , i already have depression and its not a good time but i found out my dad is having a affair BUT all i have is the receipt for the hotel and the fact me and my brother saw him in walmart next to his hotel [ which address is on the receipt ] they literally have about 1 foot of grass separating their parking lots . BUT my mom will confront my dad and if he is able to get out of this then he will get pissed at me and well i'll be pretty much fucked over for the summer .... so i really am worried about whether i should tell my mom or get evidence that is undeniable . and yes i saw him and his mistress holding hands walking through walmart but they didn't see me cause i saw them while i was checking out ... what should i do ? i just feel like i NEED to tell her but at the same time i hate that bastard , we have a hate hate history , i just am unsure and uncertain of everything right now ... i really don't know what else to say so ima stop here .

2. i need help

i would start with how is their relationship, and how is you and your moms relationship.
    if theirs is rocky as it is and you and hers is good i would sit her down and have a talk with her...and just tell her, if not just confront your dad and tell him whats up tell him you seen him and her...and see what he tells you...if he lies and you know he is tell him that he need to tell her or you will...
    i hope that helps...
    i was with my mom when we cough dad with his girlfriend

3. cardenio

Wow. I am so sorry that your father inadvertently put your brother and you in the middle of this situation.

If I may ask a question, since your relationship with your father is already a "hate-hate" one, as you put it, what are you afraid of risking by presenting the evidence to your mother? You mention something about it screwing up your summer, but I wanted to get some more information before writing anything else.

4. KnightAssassin

10 years of abuse makes it a hate-hate relationship . but ya my mom hates him alot too , just should i try to get it to where when she divorces him she gets everything , which requires prolly a picture to be air tight , or should i tell her and just use what there is now but honestly i just am depressed plus all this stress of everything and well i am kinda torn and .. basically unhappy

5. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were you, I would try for some solid evidence, but if it takes too long to get, it might be unnecessary.
    This might be kind of odd, but have you ever seen Freaks and Geeks? One of the characters in the show sees his dad cheating on his mom with another woman and investigates. He doesn't have solid proof, but he eventually gets so frustrated and stressed out that he tells his mom in private and she told him she already knew. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but if you know she hates him, maybe she already knows.

I don't know much of anything about cheating, so I hope this might have helped in some small way. :/

6. cardenio

Personally, I don't think that it would be healthy for you to get in the middle of this and act as a spy, especially considering your depression and all the anger that you must be feeling at the moment. I'm not familiar with the laws of the state of Arkansas, but generally a spouse is legally entitled to half of the couple's joint assets when they get divorced (unless there is a pre-nuptial agreement in place), and getting more proof of his cheating would not change that.

Have you discussed the situation with your brother? What does he think you should do?