1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support CLub at School

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bryan176, May 13, 2011.

1. bryan176

Ok so I found ou that there is this club called the gay-straight alliance at school where I go. Northern essex Community college. And I have been told by my family that it might be a good idea to join as well as some of my friends. DO you guys thinks I should look into this?

And advise will help.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're gay. You're out. You have the chance to join a club full of prospective new friends and dates who will pretty much completely accept you.

Sounds like a plan. :slight_smile:

3. Raeil

I think it sounds like a great idea! A word of advice, though: If you feel majorly uncomfortable, don't stay. Through a friend I trust, I've been told that my school's GSA members tend to hit on people in the club quite a lot, which I think would make me uncomfortable. I'm still going to go and check it out, but if it doesn't work, then it doesn't.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Definitely go and check it out. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain :slight_smile:

5. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Well, you say you aren't completely out, but you probably don't need to worry about that. At my school, nobody thinks there are any straight people in our GSA so people assume they are gay, but our neighborhood kinda sucks for gay people. Most people don't actually think the same way that the rich un-diverse people do around here.

Being in college I could imagine it is much better. I would go once and see what it is like.

6. bryan176

the thing is I have just begun to accept myself as being gay. So atm I am kinda scare and nervous about going. If I did i would probably bring someone with me to help me feel more comfortable.