1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy troubles

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chierro, May 14, 2011.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So the past weeks have been a little rough. I came out to my best friend and he came out to me. Then during one conversation one night he abrubtly asked me if i ever liked him. I lied and said i used to but now i love him like a brother, which is truth. But since then ive started to like him more...as more then a friend. And he even told me that he used to crush on me but he doesnt anymore. Then there are two guys i like who are straight and as far as im concerned dont know im bi and i plan on keeping it like that till this summer. Then theres my girl troubles but thats not a big deal right now.
    So any help?

2. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    -Welcome to EC!-

hold on, you have a crush in 3 guys at the same time + girls? :confused:, once i had a crush on 2 friends (one male, one female) but it never happened with more than 2, and usually they are of different genders...

I guess you have to decide who you like first...

if they are straight there is no chance..(most times they just "look" straight, but aren't. But don't raise your expectations for what isn't sure.)

i said what i thought that might be helpful, there are lots of experienced people here, they will surely reply to this post.

-:wink: Good luck!-

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Hmmm that seems really confusing Im sorry for you.
    You dont really need to decide who you like necessarily, but you should narrow it down.
    It does sound like you have the most feelings and connection with this friend that you have come out to. One thing I have to say is that you are really lucky that you have someone you come out to like that, and that shows genuion interest for.
    Another thing to consider is that if you were to date him, you may risk your relationship as friends. But there are ways of being civil and staying friends even when you break up, so that is not always the case. If you feel really strong feelings for this boy then you need to tell him. He probably feels the same way, and is playing it off for the same reason as you. To avoid conflict.
    If you tell him Im pretty sure he will jump on the opportunity.

As for the straight boys, thats a total no go. Even if they are gay or bi, there is no way that they are ready for any kind of relationship with a boy. Thats like a forbidden zone that you dont go into, that screams "make fun of me?"
    I think your best bet right now is this boy you like that is your friend. Put yourself back out there for him, and ask him out this time. I bet you be happy with the results.

4. bryan176

This is Something that none of us can really help you with, it is something that you must do by yourself sure we can help by pointing you in the right directions by you really need to solve this for yourself. What you must do it listen to your heart and take it from there, What feels right, what should I do next What is the best thing to do here. Listen to yourself and the answers will be there inside of you waiting to take you forward.

5. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys. I'm going through some stuff with alex (my bi best friend) helping him edge out of the closet some more and stuff. A relationship right now probably wouldn't be the best thing for him. But hes got his eyes on this really cute new kid. The straight guys are straight i know theres no chance but hey, a guy can dream.

6. Gumtree

Your 'guy troubles' aren't really 'troubles', they're just a bit of confusion resulting from poor communication. :grin:

Work a bit harder on some serious, honest communication with your Bi-friend, work out where you really stand. You may not have any turmoil with your developing relationship with him, but that doesn't mean he isn't confused.

Nothing causes more trouble than 'assumptions'!

Assumptions like assuming someone else is ready to come out, assuming they've told you the truth about how they feel about you and assumptions of other peoples sexuality.

Never forget that things can change, and change rapidly when it comes to emotions! Be prepared for every possible outcome!

7. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Gumtree. He's admitted he did like me before. His first crush :slight_smile:, sweet right? Haha. But neither one of us is 'out' completely. A few friends...thats it. A relationship would be hard. But this summer I'll try and no matter what I'm gonna be there for him through the thick and the thin...especially when he comes out to the cute new kid. Thanks, everyone. Big help