1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First... 'Date'?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by oops, May 16, 2011.

1. oops

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay so I'm going out with a guy next week that i don't really know and even though it's just for a casual coffee, I'm freaking out...
    It's my first time really going out with anyone and am worried I'll do it wrong :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: What if conversation dries up? What do we talk about? Also I get the impression he is a lot more comfortable with himself than me- I've *only come out to 3 people. Any advice? :S

2. Eleanor Rigby

Stay yourself :slight_smile:
    Talk about you, your studies, your family, your interest. Ask him about the same things. Show genuine interest getting to know him better.
    You can tell him that you're out to only 3 people and that you're a bit nervous, that can help him to understand how you feel and to put you at ease.
    Don't stress out, everything is going to go fine :slight_smile:
    Take care, Cécile

3. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

The more quickly you find things that you have in common, or things that you enjoy sharing, the easier conversation will become. I am not at all talkative myself and I know how lack of conversation can be a problem, but if you can do this, I promise you won't have to worry.

Also, be honest about everything. That is always a good policy, even outside of dating!

4. bryan176

be yourself. First dates people typical act the way you do. I did when I had my First "Girlfriend" Just be yourself, and you will do just fine. Chances are he may be as worried as you are.