1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I say to him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Makaio1, May 18, 2011.

1. Makaio1

So this is a problem I've been kinda dealing by myself. I didn't think it was a big deal. But, over the past week it has been too much to handle.

Basically, there is the guy I like. The SAME guy I talked about months ago on here. I am physically attracted to him, more than I've ever been with any other guy before. I don't know him, have never spoke to him but somehow I cannot stop thinking about him. If you remember before, when I sent him that email and I thought I was a total creep -- it has got to point that whenever I see him - I have anxiety attacks - my hearts starts pounding, I become short of breath and I feel physically sick. The same happens when I see someone who even look likes him.

So, I decided to go see a counselor today and see what advice/guidance they could give me. After a good half hour discussion, she told that the best thing to do and to almost provide "closure" is to approach him and tell him how I feel.

A scary thought to say the least. But what do you say to a guy you have a major crush on, go into anxiety whenever you see him and that you don't know. I feel I shouldn't go out all guns blazing surely..? Any help guys?

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK lets get a little info.

Do you know if this guy is gay or not?

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Mark, Im so proud of you.
    Wow you have come so far from where you started.
    I agree with what your counselor has said, you need to be honest, you need to give yourself closer, and you need to let him have closer. Your leaving in a month for the states!

4. Makaio1

Yes, I know for sure that he is gay.

Thanks Ty,
    Yeah - you're right. It's just knowing exactly what to say without coming across too strong or anything. Again, as always, I'm over thinking it. But, I know that is what needs to be done.

5. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Well thats fantastic. Keep us posted, I of all people really want to know what happens.

6. Makaio1

You know what, I think I just got a hint.

On Facebook, our mutual friend posted a status to which we both liked and commented on. He was the first to like and comment on it, I was after him.

Just looked back and he had deleted his comment and disliked the status. So I wouldn't find him on facebook perhaps?? Hmm... yep, I'm pretty sure he still thinks I'm a creep.

7. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

NO. I mean the two of you are friends regardless if you ask him out right?

There are a few other things that could have very well happened.

-he got bashful
    -he was afraid
    -he's mad at your friend
    -maybe he meant to press dislike to begin with

8. Lolguy

Well, I for one believe you should just approach him and get to know him better. I don't recommend just saying you love him right out, because that is a little creepy. But just spend a bit of time with him and have him get comfortable with having you around. Then, tell him how you feel.

9. Makaio1

We are not friends. I don't know the guy. We just have a mutual friend.
    Hmm...perhaps? I'm just a bit apprehensive after that. My friends seem to agree with me too. Its a tough situ.

Yeah, my counselor told me to do that too. It's just trying to work out what to say without coming across creepy. And I'm going away for an entire year so I kind of don't have the time to know him properly...maybe I could skype him etc.? But, I'm thinking too far ahead.

10. Lolguy

Skype might be ok, actually. It's not face to face and it's just enough to not be creepy. You can also tell a mutual friend that you're interested in talking to him, and then seeing what he says to that mutual friend about talking to you.

I'm just giving suggestions. Probably not very good ones, but I'm trying, lol.

11. Makaio1

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I really appreciate the advice, none of it is bad so don't worry and thanks!