1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xJinxedFoolx, May 19, 2011.

1. xJinxedFoolx

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've posted a million of these, I know. And I'm sorry. But, I really still need help.

I haven't fully accepted that I'm transgendered. And well, its gotten to the point where I'm constantly angry, and I wont even take off my sweatshirt anymore.

Until my mom makes me, so how can I tell her I'm transgendered? Please help.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, never worry about posting a million of posts asking about how to come out or how to accept it all for yourself. You are asking questions and you are trying to move forward. That's already something to be proud off. (*hug*)

I would suggest that before you come out to your mom, that you accept being transgender yourself first. The more comfortable you are with yourself the better will you be able to come out to your mom; the better will you be able to talk to her about the things that are happening within you. Are you part of an LGBT youth group? If not, maybe have a look around and see if there is a group that you could join. Try also to get to know others who have gone through what you are experiencing and also who have come out as transgendered to their families. They would be the best persons to give you some insights as to how they have approached their coming out.

Also, before you come out, it would be good if you could get a sense of as to how your coming out could unfold. Would your mom be supportive?

3. bryan176

I would recommend accepting yourself as transgender Before you go and tell your mom, Its going to be a lot better if you accept yourself as who you are. But when you are ready to tell your mom you sit down with here and slowly go into it or you can just dive into it and say thats your a transgender. as simple as that. Just easier said than done.

4. EM68

I agree with everyone above. You need to accept that you are transgender before you can come out to your mom or anyone else. Like Mirko said you may want to join a LGBT group or talk to a councilor at your school to talk things out.