1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help helping a friend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whiterosebeka, May 20, 2011.

1. whiterosebeka

So my friend is in Sc while her wife is in CT, they separated due to problems with the one in CT, but are hoping to work everything out.
    Well last night, my friend that's in SC came to me telling me her wife has a blood clot that's really close to her heart. so close that she can't have any stress or it will travel quickly and kill her. She wont have the surgery to remove the blood clot, bcuz the doctors are hoping it will go away within 3-5 weeks, and if not by then, she'll have an emergency surgery.

Now the thing i need help with, is she's really depressed now. she's suicidal and self harms, and i hope she doesn't fall back into that with her wife almost basically being on her deathbed. i'm not sure how to support her and help her, or things that i could say to make things more easier for her. the only way i have of contacting her is through facebook (i don't have a car, she doesn't have a phone) how do i help her?

2. TraceElement

Message her on FB, email, IM, something, and let her know you are there for her no matter what is going on, and if she needs to talk, you are there, no matter the day or time. Let her know you understand this is a stressful time for her, and if she wants to talk, you'll listen. Mention that you don't want to see anything happen to her.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All you can do is be there, let her have your should to cry on.

4. bryan176

I am agreeing with malachite just be there for her. LEt her know you have her back no mater what happens.

5. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

You have to be her foundation. Hold her up, and let her vent. Keep her close, make sure you know whats going on with her, and make sure she is not self harming.
    People who are suicidal are not logical. Try and integrate some logic in the way she see's things.

6. whiterosebeka

Thank you everyone! :grin: