1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JustCallMeRJ, May 21, 2011.

1. JustCallMeRJ

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Finally after 6 years I feel like I've really accepted where I am sexually. With help from the Kinsey scale, I've figured I'm a 1.5 - 2ish just based on who I'm attracted to not experience so it may change. This site has really helped me even though I've only been a member for about a day. Haha. It's just nice to see I'm not alone and it's made me do some really deep soul searching and thinking. But I'm happy I've finally found myself. It's been a long 6 years, but it was really worth it. :slight_smile:

2. Raeil

Congratulations!!! It's a great feeling isn't it? To have accepted and understood (to a basic extent at least) yourself is just awesome! :slight_smile:

3. JustCallMeRJ

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's an amazing feeling. It's like a big load has been taken off. :icon_bigg Now the new load is just coming out... most of the worry is my parents. But I'll worry about that when I get there. :slight_smile:

4. TheWanderer

congrats!!

as far as the whole coming out thing, you went 6 years tryin to figure out your "identity" whats another few months? let it happen when it happens.

5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi RJ, welcome :smilewave

Congratulations on the progress! Yea, this site is great and hope it helps as you continue to grow.

Can you maybe try meeting some women and dating some before coming out to your parents?

Take care :slight_smile:

6. JustCallMeRJ

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Wanderer and mnguy, I was thinking about both of your points. It's hard cuz I tell them pretty much everything so this is just bubbling up inside me waiting to burst. But I think mnguy, you have a point. I might try to have a relationship with a girl before I say anything, just to make sure. :slight_smile: Thanks!

7. TheWanderer

i feel your pain, i spill everything to ,y parents but right now im sort of financially dependent on them and I dont think my being gay will go so well with them. not right away at least.

8. JustCallMeRJ

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents would be fine if I was completely gay. But I'm not. My mom doesn't think bi exists. She's one of those people who thinks they're just people who like sex and will take whoever they can get. Her logic is flawed because I'm a virgin, so obviously I'm not just bi for the sex! Haha. I had a dream about coming out to them last night... it was interesting/sad because they didn't believe me. They thought I was just confused. I told them I was the farthest thing from confused. Ugh. It was frustrating. So now I'll just think about that when I want to blurt it out to them, hope it helps hold my tongue for awhile.