1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big C.O.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tylernc, May 22, 2011.

1. tylernc

tylernc Guest

So far I've only come out to two people, both of them my friends. But when it comes to family... I'm not sure. I have a goal to tell them before next school year, but I get scared thinking about. I'm pretty sure they'd support me, since my mom has a TON of gay friends and one of them even lives with us! My dad gets along with him fine, so it seems safe. I'm just not sure yet....

2. Ecap1

Hey man. First, congrats on coming out to your two friends. That's a huge step right there. I haven't told my family yet either, but one piece of advice: don't rush. Having a goal to tell your family before next school year could be a good thing, but if you're not ready don't rush it. At your age you're already doing a good job by coming out to your friends, so don't feel the need to do it all at once. If before the next school year you are ready and you are sure that your parents are ready for the "Big C.O." then go for it. But if you are still having doubts, take your time. It'll all be fine my brotha

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

It seems like you accept yourself and that your parents would be okay with it. I say go for it :slight_smile:

Yes, its nerve wrecking, but it will definitely be worth it at the end. The fear is never going to go away and sometimes we just have to stop thinking about it and doing it.

Congrats on coming out to your friends! You have gone a long way already :slight_smile:

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talk to the gay friend and tell him? See what he thinks?