1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's this guy...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lolguy, May 24, 2011.

1. Lolguy

And I sort of like him a lot.

The problem is, is that I can't really gather up the courage to tell him this. I know he's gay too, so there's no problem with that. It's just that I'm a pretty shy and withdrawn person, so I'm a bit wary of telling him. I suppose there's also some fear of rejection in there too.

I don't know, any advice on how I should approach this?

2. borntosurvive

Ask him out on a little date, like out to Starbucks or out to lunch or something, and just try bringing it up. It's cute and honest! And don't be too scared about rejection, don't let that keep you from doing something. If you don't go for it you'll be upset with yourself later. Good luck!:thumbsup:

3. zerogravity

Think about it this way, would you rather face the chance of rejection, or a lifetime of regret? Just ask him! At the worst case you may gain a friend.

4. Ecap1

Definitely agree with zerogravity. If you try and get rejected, you get to move on. If you never ask, you'll always wonder what would have happened if you did.

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Definitely agree with everyone else.

Before you ask him out to a date though, have you guys flirted before? Whats your relationship with him right now?

If you haven't already done so then I would start with flirting and then working your way to ask him out on a simple date :slight_smile:

6. Lolguy

We're friends. We talk a bit with each other, and I've jokingly flirted with him on a few occasions, but that's about it.

7. borntosurvive

If you've jokingly flirted with him then he probably won't be too surprised if you start openly flirting with him. Just try and see what happens!

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^ Took what I was going to say :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But ya, if you don't want to go and ask him out right away, you can start by flirting with him more openly and more direct. See how he reacts and then after a couple of days ask him out :slight_smile: