1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Don't Call Me 'Sister'

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Nov 9, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

Okay I'm sorta coming out as wanting to be a guy. most everyone doesn't need to know but i feel my sis should know. since i am changing a lot. i'm not going to get the surgery in the next 5-10 years or ever cause we just don't have an extra $250,000 laying around (yeah, its that much!). but i still am dressing more like a guy. see i told her about my feelings and she just got mad saying "I don't want a brother i want a sister!" that really hurt but she's niave so i let it go. but i was just talking to her again about it and she's not accepting at all. she was pretty good when i came out. she doesn't like all the rainbows but she accepts me none the less. my mom is taking it good and i'm not sure how dad feels, as i didn't say it in a direct way. those are the only people i am saying anything to althought my sister-like best friend was there when i was first talking about it months ago and heard me recently and thinks that it is weird and 'i don't want to be a guy' and that i'm a girl and bizzarre. i just don't know what else to do with this. i know they probably just don't know a lot about it. i don't know what gender i am, i'm starting to get stares. i could tell that people are uneasy what public bathroom i go in (girls as i'm still physically a girl). i just don't know. what would i be called? i don't think i'm transgender or transsexal but i'm not sure what they exactly mean. also i was thinking about testosterone pills. i know they'd make me more guy like but are they unhealthy or unwise? i don't want to be weirded out of society. i just am not really sure or anything just the fact that i am no girl inside def more of a guy, yet my body says otherwise. confused. :confused:

2. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I think that you should do what makes you happy. But weigh the pros and cons of taking testosterone pills and surgery. Lucky you , you're in the U.S. here people are very accepting none the less compared to other countries. But i did see a episode son National Geographic where the culture encourages their men to dress and act like women and marry heterosexual men and they are called "Fafaleni" i think and they bring good luck and are very much valued in society. The men who go with this fafaleni arent gay becuase the fafaleni is a woman and the fafaleni isnt gay becuase they dont go with other fafaleni accodring to them.

3. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

And any one who thinks their weird or so they're are but only to society eyes because we ae so cught up worrying about other people and what they say we cant be ourselves no more and that is sad but i say fuck anybody who is not my boyfriend and ill do what i want.

4. InaRut

I saw this 30 day's episode on Testosterone pills (Fountain of youth episode) and putting doses of that in your system is not a good thing. The guy's liver couldn't handle it very well after a while and he couldn't even do 30 days. I have a question though and I mean no offence, but if you just wear guys clothes does that not help you feel like what you really are, minus the 250, 000 surgery?

So yah, pills and such can be a very bad thing. Your body wasn't designed to deal with those things.

5. Ty

Ty Guest

In the UK you get gender change OPs on the NHS which is the national health service. Theres alot of controvsy about it in the papers sometimes. If it turns out that you actually do want the surgery for sure, then i'd look into england.

6. Tom

Tom Guest

you wud have 2 be a uk citizen tho for a certain length of time before you could have such a major op tht wudnt increase your life expectancy unfortunately =[

7. Ty

Ty Guest

hmmm is it like 2 years to become a british citizen?

8. justjoshoh

Well labels are just there for people to try put everyone in particular groups. If that doesn't fit you, don't feel the need to label yourself, be it transgender, male, or female. If others try to label you, understand it is human nature. Either correct them or simply ignore their presumptions.

You said that you are not sure what transgender means. It is, according to Wikipedia, the state of one's "gender identity" (self-identification as male, female, both or neither) not matching one's "assigned gender" (identification by others as male or female based on physical/genetic sex). Only you can determine if you truly are transgender. I would say it is fair to say that you at least question your gender identity.

As far as the testosterone and operations, as with all medical procedures and medicines, there is a risk of side effects that would need to be considered when making such a decision. A medical doctor should be involved in the process, as they would be able to provide expert opinion.

9. JSG

JSG Guest

Are you certain of your Gender Identity Disorder? I think you should seek professional medical advice on your situation, only he/she can tell you for sure about the pills, etc.