1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie here

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kenai, May 27, 2011.

1. kenai

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    so i was browsing through the internet and i happen to come across this site on google so i figured, why not?

i'm not really sure what i am exactly.. i'm 18 yrs old and have friends that probably won't like the fact that i give them a "second look" while they're changing in gym class.

the possibility of me being gay sort of scares me.. i ono.. hoping to get some help here maybe.

2. ToTheCeilingFan

Welcome to EC! Everyone here is super awesome and really helpful. I'm sure you'll figure things out eventually (the locker room is a torture chamber, isn't it?) but in the meantime I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just sit back and love who you love and don't worry too much about labels. Anyway, welcome to EC and good luck figuring everything out! :slight_smile:

3. Raeil

Hi there, and welcome to EC! I hope you enjoy it here!

Figuring out exactly who you are (sexual identity wise), and then dealing with it and accepting it are sometimes extremely difficult things to do. We're here to help you in any way we can, and I hope you find what you're looking for! :slight_smile:

4. Jonamo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    maybe they'll take it as a compliment? :icon_bigg

In all seriousness welcome to the site!! For me at least, it can be sometimes scaring and overwhelming thought to think that you could be gay, but it's good to be able to voice your concerns, questions and stories in such an open and welcoming environment.

5. TheWanderer

Hi!! Welcome to EC. Glad you found us.

As mentioned above try not to worry about it too much. Have a look around at some past threads, there is some really great advice here and plenty more on its way.

I myself was in the same mindset you were at one point, I think its probably a part of a natural process of understanding. The best part is your here and beginning to ask questions.

Anyhow, be yourself, have fun, and things will get better. We are a great community and very excited to have you here.

6. kenai

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    wow.. i can't believe the reactions i got from this post. you guys really are super awesome and welcoming! i feel so freaking loved! hahaha

i think you guys are right.. i'll just let it be for now. no pressure really, right? i'll just enjoy ur guys' company and have some fun on this site.

thank you all again for the warm welcome :slight_smile:

7. Keelin

8. Rikudo

Love the avatar. EC is a wonderful place to start asking questions. Best of luck to you and feel free to write on my wall if you ever feel like discussing Kingdom Hearts or anything else.

9. Tristar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Welcome and hello. Just hang out here like they say. I joined recently and am just enjoying hanging out while I continue to adjust to my new life. I think you'll like it here.

(!)

10. kenai

Out Status:
    Not out at all

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    welcome.

I'll save you the trouble, I know what you are...a human being :wink:

Love the avatar by the way

12. straal1972

Welcome to EC Kenai. As for the locker room, dam that sucks. Its really one of the first places we (as gay men) can check out other men, who mainly don't appreciate that, and what they look like without clothes, but thankfully we have the internet nowadays to fill in the blanks.

13. kenai

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    awh.. i never thought of it that way. wow, u completely changed my prospective. i guess this whole 'label' thing complicates things :frowning2:

and i LOVE KH! hehe.. i'm a disney/final fantasy freak. having them all in one game? *geeks out*

14. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

labels are comforting, but overrated :slight_smile: Welcome to EC! They might not appreciate the second look, but you don't need to tell them that you are looking like that for any reason. You could tell someone if you were gay, but you wouldn't have to tell them that you were looking like that. Idk if you thought that or not, but just in case, that's what I have to say.

This website is a great place for support, don't hesitate to ask for it :slight_smile:

15. kenai

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yeah.. i'm trying to limit my glances hahaha.
    thanks alexi! :slight_smile: