1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling inadiquet and useless

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by British Lad, May 29, 2011.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I feel completey useless and that my young brother is better then me in everyway, he will be stronger, faster, taller, more phyicaly fit, smarter and better then me in everyway, i was playing a shooting game and he keeped beating me (and i am best at shooting games), I feel like first the worst, second is best. And i have no clue what to do.

2. ballin1718

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just turned 20 and my brother just turned 16 and he always beats me in nba2k11 and hes taller and faster (at least he thinnks) and I have brown hair and brown eyes where he las longish blonde hair and blue eyes (beat that). In reallity though I let myself go and gained a lot of weight at school making me feel even worse. I took it upon myself to spend this last year of college losing 55 pounds and now i'm in the best shape ever, getting my confidence up, partially because I felt like he is better than me at everything.

But enough about me, and you have to realize, your little brother will always respect you. When I gained weight and stopped caring, my brother still had respect for me but I felt like I was losing it, and now he has it back. I would always kill him in basketball, but now hes taller than me so its always competitive.

Just yesterday he was bragging how I'm not gonna beat him one on one anymore. We played 4 games and for lack of a better word i raped him. If you try and think about it your probably actually still better than him at a lot of things without realizing it, they just might be different. He was byfar more fit than me, now he outweighs me and I'm the fit one so in the years to come the roles will change, your only 18, and I'm gonna guess he is between 14-18.

Give it time to realize how good you are at things, because you definetly are. And even if he doesn't show it he does respect you! Don't feel so useless your here for a reason everyone is

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Sibling rivalry can be very intense. Specially if you feel like you are always the one that is losing. The thing is that we have to remember that we can't compare ourselves to other people. There will always be someone better and worse than you. Always.

Don't build your self-esteem around whether you can beat your brother or not. Build it around you being yourself and your own accomplishments. Don't try to compare it to anyone, not even your brother.

Also, I'm pretty sure you have your own strengths and just don't realize them :slight_smile: