1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I take the plunge?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Skiel, May 29, 2011.

1. Skiel

Skiel Guest

Well, it's summer vacation and I've been thinking about coming out to one of my female friends this summer. I'm quite nervous about it. I'm not sure how I should say it because I'm still not too comfortable about myself. Once I do this, there's no going back into the closet. I want to say, "I'm mostly gay, but I might like girls to a very very small degree" even though I don't like girls in a sexual way, but if i say something along those lines, then I feel that I can always hop back and forth.

Is it better to just wait and be more comfortable with myself before actually coming out? If some of you have read my previous threads, I think you can already tell that I'm pretty much of a flip flopper and a whiner :icon_sad:. I want to come out but I still force myself to like/look at other girls and such. :help:

2. ballin1718

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This sounds like a crazy person....o wait no this sounds like me. I've only been on this site a week, and it took a week for me to realize that I was bi (but on the kinsey scale I'm like bi but closer to gay so its weird) and finally at 20 years old I txtd my friend from school that I'm bi.

We talked for a while and she just got mad that I've been keeping this from her and our friends. Our friends are so diverse and that I would keep this upset her. She was absolutely shocked but she also said to me if I never wanted to tell another soul she wouldn't say anything, but encouraged me to tell people.

I'm still not comfortable with the situation to be honest, and I was having really bad panic attacks before I came out to her, and their continuing now. I thought it was because I was uncomfortable with myself, but I think I'm more uncomfortable about how my life is going to change.

We're never gonna feel entirely comfortable, at least not for a while. I'm basically still in the closet like you because only one person knows and IDK when I'm telling anyone else. It's very stressful especially when I'm away at college and have 1000 things going on in my life.

I say take the plunge. Take it with somebody that you really trust and you can just have at least 1 person on this earth (off the computer) that knows who you really are. Good luck, man. Happy to know we're in the same boat =D

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Pretty much what ballin said, you can't wait until you are perfectly okay with being gay. Sometimes coming out actually sort of helps you to get even more comfortable.

I would say go for it and tell her if you trust her :slight_smile:

Good luck!