1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what does everyone think?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Nov 9, 2007.

1. hoping

i found out 2 days ago that my father who i dont talk to anymore cause hes a total bastard, that hes put into two accounts 75 grand each for my sister and i but hes put alot of conditions and crap with it, but the thing is even knowing how much it is and what i could do if i had it, i dont want it. does that seem strange to u guys. actually writing it now it seems strange to me but i just wanted to get everyones thoughts on it.

2. InaRut

Wel...MONEY is very important...to me.
    But it's not everything. I know that I'd feel bad from taking money from some random stranger without having to give anything in return. It's quite a bit of money, but refusing it says alot of good about your character.

So don't frett.
    "You feel that sting? That's Pride fucking wit chu."
    -Marcellus Wallas
    Pulp Fiction

3. ebra

money is money, but on the same note, if you think that he is trying to buy you or get cotnrol over you by using money then refusing it seems like a good thing to do, really you have to do what feels right, if you dont want it then dont take it because you will most likely feel guilty for it for a long time. you dont want to feel like you sold out. its a tough call. good luck :grin: (you could always accept it and donate it to charity or something, im sure that would impress him. lol)

4. SpikySpice

He used to be a bad man and he treated you badly but now suddenly he gave you money, dosent it seem strange? He has something in his mind when he dose that

Im sure money cant buy you and you have to think about it throughly

5. CrimsonThunder

The money is for when he dies isn't it? >_>

6. Louise

I don't think it is strange. You are a man now and you don't want to feel beholden to your dad. If he has put loads of conditions ond crap with the money you might be worried that this 'gift' comes back and slaps you in the face in years to come with the time old emotional blackmail of 'if it weren't for me and the money I gave you...' crap that no one needs.

If you want to make your own way in this life, if you want to have the satisfaction of looking back and saying, 'all I have I have worked for' then refuse the money. Had the money been given freely with the simple words, this is to help you start out in life, do with it what you will, you would have known that your dad trusts you to do the 'right thing' and not blow it all on drink and drugs (joke!!!).

You say that your dad is a right bastard but I don't know your dad so I can't say but in your shoes I would certainly think twice.

Nothing I have said will probably help you but those are my feelings on this subject.

7. budhead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hopefully the conditions aren't too crazy, but I'd take the money and use it for college or a down payment on a house.

You can tell him to stuff his conditions once you have the money spent, I'm sure that his conditions won't stand up in court.

8. hoping

i think my father is up to something cause he is so damn tight he hasnt even given my sister or i any cash when we needed it, so im wondering whats his motive now.
    one other thought is i dont want to see or talk to him again and i also dont want anything from him, like i could always give all the money to my favourite charity i guess.

9. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

He might be trying to gain some kind of control over you. If he won't let you take any of the money, maybe he's trying to get something from you before he'll let you have it.