1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out at school...?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MrLordZeus, May 30, 2011.

1. MrLordZeus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really need advice on how to come out at school. Those :***: make me angry sometimes, but I want to show who I Really am....Help?

2. Forgotten

Just tell a few people, they'll tell, so on and so on. It'll spread like wild fire.[: That's what I did.

3. borntosurvive

I am in the same boat as you. Don't be angry about it though, you might end up saying something you don't really mean to say. I suggest setting almost a goal for yourself, like when you want to be out by, and then work from there. Good luck!:thumbsup:

4. brendajaques

brendajaques Guest

Oftentimes, we focus so much on what we may lose by coming out that we forget about what we may gain: Openness and freedom to finally express ourselves openly.The fear of rejection is very real. No one wants to lose loved ones, so we thought coming out may not seem worth the risk. Coming out happens in stages: first coming out to yourself, then disclosing your sexual orientation to others.

To ease the transition, I suggest coming out to those that are most likely to support you like a close friend, trusted teacher, or parent, then come out to others gradually.

5. bryan176

I agree with brendajaques, take it one step at a time.

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Pretty much what brenda said. Instead of focusing on coming out to your school try and focus on coming out to a close friend or friends first. Its a much less daunting thing to do and it will help you later on once you do decide to come out to your whole school.

While you get there, though, you do have places like EC where you can be yourself without the fear of being judge so use this space to vent and get all those emotions out instead of keeping them in and letting them get to you :slight_smile: