1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Esteem Boosters?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Poyo, May 31, 2011.

1. Poyo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone have any tips/resources/books for dealing with those days where you feel about an inch tall? It sounds stupid because I worked my way through college, got a masters degree, work for a nonprofit where I get to help people for a living, and I started volunteering more at the local LGBT center, but there are still a lot of times where at the end of the day I feel pretty much worthless. Does this happen to anyone else? How do you deal with it? Any input would be much appreciated!

2. Skiel

Skiel Guest

I listen to my favorite songs. One that pumps me up or that i can rock out to. lol
    The other thing you can do is play a sport or do something active. For me, whenever i'm depressed, i just have to be up and about doing something.
    I feel like that a lot though, you're not alone.
    (*hug*)

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Do you feel unappreciated?

4. borntosurvive

I listen to "Born This Way," "The Edge of Glory," or "Greatest" by Lady Gaga, or watch one of my favorite T.V. shows or read a book whenever I'm feeling like I have low self esteem.

5. whatsnormal7

Im not sure how to help but Im just gonna say that you sound like you are doing an awesome job impacting the world. You are sticking up for who your are... there is NOTHING worthless about that. Feel better and keep being yourself!

6. Poyo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really feel unappreciated, but I do get into the trap of thinking that if I fell off the face of the planet it wouldn't make much of a difference to anyone. Thanks for the kind words and suggestions!