1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so room mate troubles

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thedylan, Jun 1, 2011.

1. thedylan

Ok so i live with two roomates both of wich are 19 and im 18 and we do a lot of free style rapping cuz we all play music and stuff but my main problem is I want to tell them Im bisexual but am unsure if they would stop treating me normally because in a lot of our free styles they (and me) refer to sucking cock but in a totally non-gay way its just what we do i guess but I dont know if that would stop I dont want any awkward moments you know it would just be really strange. Please any advice will do

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Are they homophobic? I know a lot of rappers always say No Homo :lol:

3. ballin1718

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Haa this is so funny, its exactly my story. I just turned 20 and gonna be a junior in college and next year I'm living with two of best friends and I'm bi and essentially in the closet. I don't freestyle rap (often) but I do listen to rap as my main music and love it and i'm afraid to come out to them too.

They don't listen to rap, my two roommates from freshman year (who are some of my close friends too) had a better rap connection. My roommates are both really white (I mean I'm white but lyk they just act really white haha) and don't really listen to a lot of rap, but it doesnt matter because I still have to tell my two straight best friends that I'm bi and I'm scared too.

I can't give you too much advice but one day well find the words. I don't think either of our friends would really treat us differently. I'm sure when I tell them I'll get gay jokes (which is fine because i crack jokes about everything) from them but I think it'll all work out, and it might make your rap battles funnier XD.

Don't sweat it youll be able to do it when your ready!

4. thedylan

no their not homophobic i think i just dont want them to stop with the raps cuz gay stuff finds its way into every rap we do but i know for a fact they are not gay and thanks ballin Im goin to college in october and i cant wait these are just temporary roommates but i find that one is an awesome friend i just met and the other ive known for years so yeah

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might just riff on it. If they rap about sucking dick, when it's your turn, do the same. But give it a twist.

Went back home 'bout one o'clock
    No surprise - he sucked my cock
    He stayed on there 'til half past two
    Got so horny, I sucked his, too.

...but, y'know, GOOD. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    omg, Lex is a rapper too???!!!!

I am in awe. :slight_smile:

But to address the OP's question: Lex has the right plan. I think they'll be fine with it. As long as you act like it's no big deal and continue on as normal, I think they'll do the same.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    <- Peep the hat? Won it off Kool Moe Dee in an MC battle in 1987. Word is bond.

Lex

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Niiice :lol:

9. whatsnormal7

If you want to tell them then you should... when you do tell them you should add that you dont want your raps to change and they will prob be fine with that. :slight_smile:

10. thedylan

dude you guys are awesome ill go tell one of them right now and ill let you know how it goes and also do you mind if i twist your rap lex and use it i like it

11. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Mee too...lol

But yes, I think you should tell them and get it off your chest. :slight_smile: Otherwise, it will come back and confuse you every time you are around them rapping. But it is your decision and take the path that seems better to you.

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Twist it all you want - not surprisingly, I kick it old school. :slight_smile:

Lex

13. thedylan

ok so i told him and he was totally chill about it and I found out that because he goes to an arts college hes used to finding out people are gay or bi and he said he wasnt expecting it from me due to the fact that I am a masculine guy but he was glad I decided to come out to him anyway

14. EM68

Congrats on coming out to your roommate!

Lex I loved how you kicked it old school. :slight_smile:

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad it turned out well. Keep bustin' the rhymes!

Lex