1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shower after gym class

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Levi, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Levi

Levi Guest

So after gym class at my school we all shower in the same public area. There's about 14 different shower stalls. My problem is getting an erection in the shower.. but all the other boys shower in my class.. so i don't want to be the weirdo who doesn't. but i sure as hell don't want to be the weirdo who gets an erection when showering afterwards... so how am i gonna approach the after gym class thing?

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Cold shower? Im glad you don't have to take public showers in the Uk in school hehe, i dont know how id manage :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. lodiug

the best thing that you can do is shower really fast and put some clothes on immediately!

4. Psych!

Psych! Guest

kinda the same advice.

Find a place as far away from everyone as possible, or just near the lockers.
    (If you have to run away)

Take a cold shower.

Don't take too long.

Keep your eyes to yourself.

5. EthanS

EthanS Guest

We had showers together but we wore shorts ^_^

6. Perhaps this thread can provide you with some more useful advice? :slight_smile:

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I generally agree with the others. Try to shower fairly quickly, have the water fairly cool (not ice-cold, just cooler than you normally would), stand facing inwards so people only see your back. Don't touch yourself down there any more than necessary for a quick shower (maybe don't even wash that area, soapy water from your other washing will do). Don't look at the other guys at all (unless they are gross, in which case looking may put off any hint of an erection :wink: ).

Can you have your towel and underwear or shorts just outside the shower so you can dry off and cover up that area quickly afterwards? I don't know what underwear you usually wear but loose fitting boxers would show less than something tight fitting if you have the start of an erection (of course neither will hide a full one).

Try not to worry about or think about getting an erection, as that can make it more likely to happen. Would masturbating in the toilets in the break before that lesson make it less likely?

I guess many of the guys will be self-conscious too, so there will probably be a lot of people trying not to look at each other.

If you do get one anyway and someone says something, ask them what they are doing looking at you down there anyway.... :wink:

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Shut your eyes and pretend you are showering with a bunch of girls. :icon_bigg

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

He he - yes that could do it!! :slight_smile:

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Ahh becky, can't believe your posting here, id be really embarrassed if my mum read stuff like this :$ your so cool!

11. budhead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't masturbate at school, you might get charged if caught, not to mention the embarrassment. Do it at home prior to school might help a bit. Maybe things are different in Europe, but English Canadians are so uptight about sex.

I was caught masturbating when I was 15 at a friend's place and I was teased about it even into my early adulthood until I moved away. It was devastating at the time. He used to show me the tissue that he used, funny hey? People were very mean to me. My friend and I used to masturbate separately in the bathroom at his house, but sadly his older sister had shown up early and caught me. His sister freaked and told her mother, who was going to call my mother, but my friend begged her not to. It was awful! I think it was his sister that told everyone at school. It broke up our friendship and I lost a few other friends over it. It was such a painful experience for me. People can be so cruel!

I know that at 16 it's tough but we all went through it. I don't recall having erections in the showers as the stress of public nudity usually kills the mood. I knew I was attracted to boys at about 11 ish, so the showers would be exciting, but nothing happened. We had an open shower room and open change room with no privacy at all.

I shower with hot guys at work, and still I don't have erections. They even talk to you in the nude. Just don't look at their junk! Look at their face or the walls.

I had to have an ultrasound on my scrotum once and I was deathly afraid of an erection. It didn't happen maybe due to the stress?

Good luck.

12. xequar

There's been some good advice... My advice-LOOK DOWN! Look only at the floor.

Also, if you can choose a locker, choose one that's as close to the shower as possible so you can get out quickly and get dressed.

13. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Hi Levi, you raise some very good points all of which I thought about back when I was at school. In fact we didnt even have stalls, just a big open room with about 16 showers. Man I felt awkward showering in those!

All that I'd suggest is don't think about it too much, don't allow yourself to 'check out' the other guys either. I went 4 years without getting an errection in those showers. So in the end what I thought would be a big deal wasn't.

Hope this sorta helps

Jamie x

14. SpikySpice

I agreed with everyone, dont think, avoid touching there as least as possible

Choose the one near teh corner or nearest to the door so you can shower fast and run fast lol

Can you use hot water? Cold water likely to give you the erection easy