1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

meeting people

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whatsnormal7, Jun 3, 2011.

1. whatsnormal7

Hi guys... I really want to find a way to meet girls in my area... I cant go to youth groups because I am not ready to come out to my parents and PLEASE do not give any dating sites because I dont want them and they are not allowed. I dont think anyone at my school is out. I just dont know what to do... help?
    thanks! :slight_smile:

2. -Michael-

Coming out would be the first step, i'm afraid.

There are probably ways to meet girls without coming out totally, but every boy i've been with i've met through mutual friends, facebook.

One thing I find is that when people are still in the closet, they tend to find a fellow gay person and then immediately think that they need to pursue interests because you may never find another.

Not all time and not just closeted people but I see a lot of posts here and friends who have done exactly that.

I think coming out is the biggest step right now.
    I came out to everyone a good while before my family knew.

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Any lgbt youth groups in your area?

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know you said you cant do LGBT youth groups but perhaps just starting a new hobby or 2 or just generally making the effort to meet new people will help. I mean the more people you meet the more chance their is you will meet so gay ones.