1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by The Dudeh, Jun 4, 2011.

1. The Dudeh

The Dudeh Guest

So I've come out to three (female) friends now and they were all absolutely fine with it. But I just don't know what to do now. I've pretty much accepted I am bi, and I lean more towards guys but I just don't know what to do now. :help:

2. Raeil

Congrats on coming out of the closet to those three! The first few are always difficult, and it's great that you've gotten this far!

As far as what to do now, what do you want to do? I mean, you can come out to more people, come out to parents, join an LGBT organization, etc. but those choices are dependent on how comfortable you are with yourself and with other people knowing about who you are. Of course, you could also choose to take some time away from hacking at your closet by just hanging out with your friends and just being yourself. The more comfortable you become with people who know, the easier it is to keep coming out!

3. whiterosebeka

relax.
    if you feel ready, come out to more people. if not, then sit back and kick your feet up.
    and since your new to your sexuality, explore it, but in healthy ways. (which doesn't mean go running out and doing the first person you see. and at your age, i wouldn't recommend sexual relations.) go out and find other bisexual men and women, and hang out with them. have fun, you'll soon find yourself more and more.

4. The Dudeh

The Dudeh Guest

Thanks for the speedy replies :slight_smile:

@Raeil: I sort of want to tell my parents but I'm worried about how they'll react. My dad is a bit homophobic and I'm just not sure how my mum'll take it (it's just a phase, you'll grow out of it, too young to know etc.). Plus I don't think there are any LGBT organisations near me.

@whiterosebeka: There are literally no gay or bi people anywhere near me but thank you for the advice hehe :slight_smile:

I do sort of want to come out but I'm just scared of how people will react, and if I'll get bullied or lose friends. I think that's the only thing stopping me because I have accepted that this is a part of me and I can't change who I am but I just get so worried about it all, ugh.

5. spacedudeiitb

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats man!
    That is quite something. I personally don't have the guts to come out just yet.
    You must be proud of yourself man!!

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Congrats on coming out to your friends :slight_smile:

Now? Now is the time to do whatever you feel like doing. If you want you can either keep coming out to friends/family or you can hang out with your friends and get used to your friends knowing about you.

The important thing to remember is that its all up to you :slight_smile: