1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting the Courage to Tell Someone...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bihidden, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Bihidden

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, as I posted elsewhere, I'm at a friend's place for the night and most of the day tomorrow. I've been planning on coming out to her since, like January. Every time I've planned a trip down here, something has gone wrong; weather, car troubles, etc... I'm finally here, and now I don't know if I can do this. All night, it seems like we've talked about nothing but LGBT issues. We talked about how our campuses are equipping the res life staffs, about the recent amendment proposal in MN. Then, we decided to watch a movie. We watched "The Big Gay Musical." I'm lying here awake. I can't sleep at all. My sleep schedule is very messed up anyway because of work, but now, I'm tired and I can't sleep. I can't possibly go home tomorrow without telling her. And I don't want to tell her 5 minutes before I leave tomorrow.

I just don't know how to convince myself to get the courage to just tell her...
    Part of me wants to go into the other room, wake her up, and tell her right now. But that's probably not going to happen.

Sorry about the ranting...

2. AtmaWeapon

From the sounds of it, she will more than likely be very supportive. I'd say tell her in the morning. You could always write a note and put it where you know she will see it to say that you need to talk about something and then tell her.

The adrenaline is on but you'll feel good when it's out of the way. After all, being bi is a gift and it's a gift to share with others. So let yourself feel pride in your orientation and let your friend partake in it, too. Chances are she might suspect, anyways, and is hoping you will be the one to make the move to just say it. A lot of things are possible but the odds sound in your favor.

3. dumbblondedoe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    From what i gather if she is willing to talk about LGBT issues then she is pretty open minded. Just take a deep breath to calm your nerves and just ease into it. Dont try to be forceful, take it at your own pace.You will be fine dont worry im sure she will be ok with it.

4. Bihidden

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Everyone. Thanks for all the help and support. I did tell her, and it went really well. I just got way too wrapped up in my thoughts beforehand, and got nervous :slight_smile: Thanks again!

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's awesome! Congrats! :slight_smile:

6. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to your friend :slight_smile: I'm happy it went well.