1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think my friend is gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bart93, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Bart93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know I can't ask for a certain concrete answer on this, but I just want to know your opinions.

My friend and I have a very close bromance. Sometimes we take this bromance a bit too seriously.

For example, during class we grabs eachother's legs/thighs and massage them...I'm gay so I enjoy it, but Idk if he does.

We always say gay things to eachother and today he even asked "what if we kiss in front of the school"?

I just have SO much sexual tension going on with him....I really like him...love him actually, but should I go for it? Should I come out to him?

I'm so confused right now....I wish I had someone to talk to about this but I'm in the closet.

2. Micah667

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think he might be if he grabs at you and stuff. but Idk. .

3. x2x2x2x2y2

It sounds like he might be gay, although it depends on the tone he was using. Some straight guys joke around a lot with other guys about being gay. One of my friends used to grab his friends butt and all this stuff but neither of them are gay, they're joking.

Do you know his opinion on gay rights and such??

4. AtmaWeapon

Chances are he has same-sex leanings. No harm in coming out to him and basically just communicating what's going on instead of always wondering and assuming things and playing mind games which do more damage than being upfront.

5. Nevermind

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does he know you're gay?

6. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Just come out to him if you haven't already and then leave it at that, the ball is in his court then, but I think you're very, very, wrong to assume that he's gay or bisexual. People have a tendency of only seeing the things that they want to see and unless he says otherwise you really should just assume he's straight. Trust me.

7. theWorldisYours

Throughout high school, my close friends and I had the exact same thing. I'm gay and their not, I'm also still in the closet. During high school, I sometimes thought that my friends and I were actually flirting, even though it was just our over the top goofy sense of humor. It was probably just my mind playing tricks on me. I'd say that if you guys are really close friends you should come out to him. Your already thinking about it so I'm assuming your going to eventually. If your friend isn't gay, the seemingly flirty behavior is probably going to stop. but if he's a true friend he'll support you.

8. steel03

I wouldn't count on him being gay. I mean, I hope he is, because this sounds awesome, but it's still true that most people are actually straight. You should still come out to him. It can only strengthen your relationship.

9. Bart93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, most people identify as straight but that doesn't mean they are.

Take me for example. There are many more gay men and women, but most are too afraid to come out.

10. dMan3

dMan3 Guest

I'm practically in the same situation. Closeted Bisexual and my friend drops hints like it's goin' out of style, but then does something to make me think maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part? Your friend could in fact be interested in men, but is not ready to take that first step and is hesitant. You must know that guys love to play gay with their bro's as someone said earlier, so it's also likely that he's in fact Straight and thinks you are too, and sees it as nothing but harmless joking.

I could tell you to come out to him, but then I would be a hypocrite. Should you? Probably. Should I as well? Yes. It's hard being in this position, but one day I hope you figure it all out to the t. Good luck! You'll be in my thoughts

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I guess my question would be: How comfortable do you feel in coming out to him? I think your first step should be coming out to him and see how he reacts and what he says to you. However, I wouldn't 'just' come out to him in the hopes of him reciprocating.

Try to come out for the right reasons, rather than basing your decisions on his actions and your feelings for him. What I'm trying to get at here is that, and given what has already happened between the two of you, there is a chance you could find yourself in an awkward position. Before you come out to him, prepare yourself for also the possibility that he might not come out to you and actually might stop with grabbing and massaging your legs/thighs. Some are really just curious and just want to try things out as it were.

12. Jonamo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    join the club!!

I have a friend that is straight as an arrow that does the same things to me. If he's a close enough friend to have such a bromance with, how do you think he'll take you coming out to him? And if you're not sure, you could try floating the topic in a more serious manner or have someone that knows jokingly talk about it and just see how the conversation goes. That way if the conversation is going in a way that's making you more comfortable you'll be able to come out, but you can just blow it off if you don't feel comfortable actually coming out yet.

13. Bart93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, it seems like he is just "playing gay", but I can't accept the fact that there is no chance he isn't gay. After all, I do not look the least bit effeminate, but I am gay.

The thing is, you never can tell unless the person is honest....but who knows?