1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can i have some support in coming out to a few of my mates?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jamajenx, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jamajenx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yo peeps. ive been trying to get up the confidence to come out as bisexual to a few more of my mates, ive only come out to one so far, and she has been very supportive :icon_bigg
    anyway, id love to come out to more of my friends but im not brave enough, is there any way i can get the courage? :help:

2. ToTheCeilingFan

Don't rush yourself dude, you'll come out when you're ready. It might be easier to come out over instant messenger/texting instead of face-to-face. I'd recommend coming out to your friends one at a time -- coming out to a large group all at once can be awkward. Good luck and welcome to EC! (*hug*)

3. jamajenx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks for the advice, i'll bare that in mind :slight_smile:

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was first coming out to people I found that if I sort of trapped myself then I had to do it.

I'd send them a text telling them to call that I had something to tell them and it was important, but nothing bad.

5. jamajenx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks, im gonna try to come out to one of my closest friends tomorrow, i'm so happy about the support im getting :slight_smile:

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just know there is no right way or time or place to come out. you do it when you where you can, when your ready.

go get 'em :thumbsup:

7. BenKent

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally understand the stress, I always assumed none of my guy friends had any ideas as I was always so smooth to make up miraculous stories for their questions. But in truth my 3 closest guy friends reacted wonderfully. my best friend said he always wanted a gay best friend and the other 2 basically were like "yeah, duh, we kinda always were waiting for you to say it." In all honestly we're better friends now then before, plus if any of your straight guy friends give you grief just remind them that you have the power to be the best wing man ever!

Good luck man!

8. ukeye

ukeye Guest

Do it casually, be confident, even make a joke of it.. No need to make it to big a deal - If they're your good mates, u can tell them anything. You'll b fine! :slight_smile:

9. Mad Man L

If you are comfortable enough with your sexuality, I'd recommend when you tell people in future don't say anything about not telling people. I just let it go viral after a while, I found it better to get people to ask me -> I don't have to 'face' telling people.

However, if you'd rather not do that, just tell people when you are ready. Admittedly it is something hard to say, but after a while, it gets easier to say, to the point where you can just casually talk about it etc.

10. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    just take baby steps, one at a time, and see how u go... good luck :slight_smile: