1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know I'm gay, I told my friend Janice how do I come out to everyone else

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gayslave, Jun 6, 2011.

1. gayslave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I know I am gay, not interested in sexual contact with the opposite sex, I confided in my friend Janice, now how to I come out of the closet to everyone else and I am married:help:

2. colmanic14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well,are you married to a female?
    My advice may not seem like much since Im 15,but What I did was I pulled aside my friends one at a time indivisually.(spell check) and told them. Remember:If your friends won't accept you, they probably aren't good friends to begin with. Hope this helps! -colton

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, and welcome to EC!

We have quite a few married or formerly-married people here, so you're far from alone. It's definitely quite a challenge to be your true self after having spent a bunch of time trying to be something you're not.

There are quite a few issues to deal with. One of the first will be addressing the issue with your wife, dealing with family and children if you have any, and all of that.

I suggest getting a copy of Joe Kort's amazing (and poorly named) book "Ten Smart Things Gay Men Can Do to Find Real Love". It's out of print, but there's a large print edition available from Amazon, and used copies can be often found at bookfinder.com.

That book has several chapters that deal with heterosexually married gay men and the issues with coming out and special issues of dealing with wives.

Meantime, if you can start posting the specific questions, concerns, and problems you have, I'm sure there are quite a few in the EC community that will be glad to offer help. One hint: It will help if, in the subject of the first couple of new threads you start, you mention that you're a married man... that way, the people on EC who have been in that situation will be more likely to notice your thread.

Also, please feel free to PM me or any of the advisor team if you have specific questions or would like to speak with one of us individually.