1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Violent Dream

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Astra Moon, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Astra Moon

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About a week ago, I had this dream. It scares me that it was so violent.
    Scene 1:
    I'm on a cliff with my partner & about 3 or 4 other lesbian couples. This woman there is forcing us to jump off the cliff & committ suicide because we're lesbians. She turns to me & says, "Nichole, you're turn" I hesitate for a moment at which point she glares & inches near me, slowly. At that point, I jump off the cliff, as my partner screams & cries above me. I then see my body, lying face down on the concrete sprawled out in a pool of blood.
    Scene 2, Rewind:
    I'm atop the cliff, same as above. This time, I see 4 women walking up the road, 2 of whom are holding hands. I point this out & the woman states, "They aren't dykes, they bisexual & they date men" I then say that my partner & I are not dating & that we are both bisexual, she turns to my partner with a questioning look & I FEEL myself winking at her.
    Fast Forward, Scene 3:
    I'm walking down the road, I'm with my partner & 2 other girls. The girls are explaining about some secret lesbian group. They say they pretend they date men, & live with their partners in 2 Bedroom homes. They keep the 2nd Bedroom fully stocked with a bed, dresser, etc. Incase they are inspected by the "evil woman" They can say they each sleep in a seperate Bedroom. They sy they have normal 'Lesbian" lives outside, but have to pretend to prefer guys outside so as to stay alive.

I woke up right there, sweaty & terrified. I have no clue what this dream means. I know this can't happen where I live. New York as some decent laws against discrimination. But It's been bothering me ever since...why did I have such a violent dream?

2. Is there someone in your life who is very critical of your sexual orientation? Are you often in situations where you feel like you need to hide?

If you're having dreams where you're being wrongfully persecuted, it might be because that's how you're feeling in some aspect of your life. Just a guess, but that's how my dreams always seem to me.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My belief is that dreams are just the brain sorting through stuff. You probably have some (justifiable) fear of homophobia, and perhaps feel that presenting yourself as bisexual is a more "accepted" way for American society to deal with it. This was probably you just sorting through those feelings. Why was it so violent? I dunno - maybe that lasagna you had too close to bedtime? :slight_smile:

...ECers will be happy I didn't bring up the Danny DeVito dream. Until just now.

Lex

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey try not to get too worked up over the dream, although I can see why unexplain and violet dreams are distressing, I would say it perhaps has some link to a situation in your life and has just expressed itself in a slightly bizarre way.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Even though it might be a bit frightening, but try not to make too much of your dream. As the other have mentioned, it is possible that the things you are still going through manifested themselves in that dream.

As to what the dream means, I don't think it means anything really. If you have recurring nightmares of that nature, then I would think that there is underlying issue, but if that was the only one you had thus far, I wouldn't worry about it. (*hug*)

6. colmanic14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)
    Took the words right out of my mouth Astra.
    As the others said, Dreams are usually information your brain projects to display fears and emotions.Perhaps your afraid of being judged? Hang in there.

7. Aeon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You can use dream interpretation websites. I use An Online Guide To Dream Interpretation a lot for curiousity.

Things in dreams are often symbolic. Think about the situation and who each person in your dream could represent, and then analyze their actions to see what your mind is trying to tell you.

On the other hand, dreams aren't always an accurate representation of what you're feeling, and it might be just some random storyline that your brain conjured up.

8. Astra Moon

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, it was the only 1 time I had that dream. The girl in the dream that was my "partner", she was my best friend...I've had feelings for her for years, almost 7. My situation when it comes to being out....it's always been...smooth. (for lack of a better word) Never any issues, My worst problem was my birth father. I've met him once in my entire life. He told me to committ suicide when he found out I was a lesbian. My mother, she dislikes it, but accepts it. I have no real acceptance problems. Call me crazy, but that always SCARED me. It's always been like: Why? Why am I so lucky? Why do so many people so MISERABLY, & I'm so lucky, having NO problems? No matter who I tell in my life, if they're worth it...they seem to accept it. It's like I'm afraid the proverbial "other shoe" is going to drop.