1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I didn't do it...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tired_of_lying411, Apr 3, 2006.

1. tired_of_lying411

Well. I choked. I didnt tell my best friend today, like I had hoped and planned. I really wanted to but I just couldn'd do it.
    It was the perfect situation - we were alone in the hallway at lunchtime (at my high school). one conversation ended and I thought, 'ok, now, just DO it' but I couldn't. She then even said (with a strange akwardness that ad never been there before) how she wanted to see the movie Brokeback Mountain. I lied and told her that I had never seen it, even though I downloaded it and watched it in secret. It was almost as if she was bringing it up for the same reason I was gonna talk to her. Like she new I was almost ready.

Anyway, when I tell her, she will be the second person that knows. My mom is the other one, and I didnt 'tell' her, she found out on her own and confronted me, and I must admit that I was really happy when it happened. Even though I felt like an addict at an intervention.

It WILL happen. I just have to take the plunge.

when I'm ready

2. LorenzG1950

Hi Brenton,

Don't feel bad cause it didn't work this time. The same thing could happen to me tonight. I was kind of hoping to read your success story so I'd have an
    easier time of it tonight. Drats. If I succeed tonight, maybe you'll take another stab at it when the time is right. Hope I have good news in the morning. And hang in there! This definitely ain't easy.:bang:

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Don't worry! We've all been there. I can think of at least three examples from when I came out. I had planned to tell and had the perfect opportunity, but just didn't quite have the nerve at that moment.

There will be more chances and I'm sure next time (or maybe the time after) you will do. Mine tended to be on the second or third opportunity.

4. TriBi

Yes - you have to feel comfortable with the moment. But I'm sure it will happen:icon_bigg

5. tired_of_lying411

thanks guys. this is just so much easier now that I have found this place. No pressure, no judging. Just people that are in different stages of a similar situation. You get advice from people of all stages.

Reading Lorenz's story has really helped me too. So thanks.
    I know it will happen soon. I can really feel it. Like a splinter thats working it's way out. I am almost there. And I have a funny feeling that it wont take long for me to tell everyone. Maybe my brother?? he is in Edmonton (the other side of the country for me) and he will be there for a year. We talk every night on msn, so I think that I might take a stab at coming out to him tonight or soon.

6. lloyd444

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    wow whether you do it or not, dont beat yourself up. YOU'VE told your mum one of the most important people in anyones life and it doesnt matter whether she confronted you and you then told her, you still told her. theres nothing to 'admit' you havent done a crime. harhar. good luck for the future and p.s. go with your friend to see brokeback mountain then maybe you could halfway through say something like 'hes cute' and come out like that instead. let us all know how you get on. xx