1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moved in with my best friend and her friend..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by StarofMiyu, Jun 7, 2011.

1. StarofMiyu

im super happy but i also have serious issues of anxiety and i dont know why....is it the sudden change in my life? tasukete kure ;_;

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Changes such as this can cause some anxiety because you are probably not sure how this is going to work out or what will lie ahead. Any changes in our lives (large or small) can cause anxiety because we are not used to the change yet, and 'fear' the uncertainty.

Do you get along with your best friend's friend? Do you know that friend? If you don't know that friend that well, or are still getting to know the friend that could be part of the reason why you feel a bit of anxiety and are perhaps also nervous about the new arrangements. Moving in with friends is exciting but you might also already know that you will start seeing your friend in a different light as well.

Try to take a deep breath and take it one day at a time at first until you are getting more comfortable living with your best friend and her friend.

3. StarofMiyu

Nah me and Shawn have been friends for a while now. I don't know I was crying because I felt like shit and I didn't know why, it's the same feeling I get when I used to go camping..Also I moved out because my dad didn't take my transexuality well and my best friend said I could stay at her place..I really love how caring she is about me..I love her so much for it..I'm crying right now because I feel like she does so much shit for me and I haven't done fucking anything for her..she's someone who I also used to have feelings for which I never really acted upon..which is probably why I get really uncomfortable around her and her boyfriend..maybe it is cause I still have some feelings for her..but I don't actively think about it even though I'm constantly checking her out haha..

#3 StarofMiyu, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  4. Keelin

Ouch... That sucks. At least you had the guts to come out :slight_smile:

5. StarofMiyu

Also I've never left Kyla alone yesterday and like..now I'm at school and away from her and my anxiety just got worse..maybe I've subconsciously attached to her as a mother figure.. I used to do that with my mom too..I kind of miss her..

6. whiterosebeka

yea, moving to a new place can cause a lot of anxiety bcuz of its not a normality that you know. the first time i ever moved out, i cried my eyes out after telling myself i wouldn't. but i did anyways. and then when i was on my own, i realized, well how the heck am i going to take care of myself! then i found myself immersing in OCD rituals and having to have a routine for the day. which was the only way i found to cope i guess.

and the funny part, the first time i ever went out of state without my parents, i went from SC to Vermont, and before we even hit the NC border (since i see your from usa, you should know somewhat of what i'm talking about) i started getting real bad anxiety. i even thought i felt something different with the car, so i told my wife to pull over and lets take a look at it. at first she said, "no everything is ok" and then as my panic attacks got a bit stronger, we pulled over to the gas station to find out our bumper was causing all the problems. so we went in and bought duck tape to duck tape the front bumper to keep it from being so shaky lol. i even realized i had a fear of driving near transfer trucks. (their too big and i'm afraid somehow one'll just topple over and crush me lol)

its safe to say, its normal. everyone has it the first time they do something without parent's around. your unsure of how to handle situations, what can you do now that their not around things of that nature.
    so calm down! everything shall be ok!

7. StarofMiyu

I live in Canada haha..