1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A straight guy again..but this time it's different..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaius, Jun 8, 2011.

1. gaius

gaius Guest

For some of you who have been on here a while you might notice from time to time I tend to post about some straight guy I like even though I know they won't feel the same way.

This time the circumstances are a little different, there's a straight guy who seems to be after me.

The first time I noticed it was on a night out where he was following me around a bit. I never take night out thoughts as very serious and I assumed I was mistaken. However the more I hang around with him the more I get this feeling of tension between us. Then last week 3 separate people asked me what was going on between us, and afterwards my mum said she thought he liked me.
    Now as someone who denied his own sexuality for about 18 years, I'm very good at ignoring the obvious, but as someone who keeps going for the wrong guy I also wanna be cautious.
    I guess what I'm trying to ask is, do I confront him about this, or do I wait and see if he does anything?

2. ShebbsIsAwesome

I'm just saying, if that was me, I would wait... Doesn't seem to be any real harm in waiting, if you ask either the relationship will go bad, or it may go good.
    But i'm a pretty passive person... so.. yeah.

3. IanGallagher

He could just like you as a friend. My best friend in LA started in with me by always hanging around and seeing if I wanted to do something. We ate dinner in the commissary every day together. Anyone looking in would have thought there was something going on between us too. It was just your average bromance like in, 'I love you, Man' though. He's straight, I'm bi who leans more straight. Basically saying guys can be close without it becoming sexual in nature. I've had moments of impulses towards him that I ignored, basically coming from no girl being present. But, that's as far as it went. He could just want to be friends and sees that you two have a lot in common. Look at Starsky and Hutch, Batman and Robin, Watson and Holmes. There doesn't really need to be a subtext behind tight guy friends.

#3 IanGallagher, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  4. gaius

gaius Guest

Yeah I know what you mean it's just he's acting in exactly the way a girl who liked me did. Hanging off my every word and touching just that bit too much, these aren't really things that happened before a few weeks ago and I dont think anythings changed

5. Raeil

I'd say for now that it's safe to just continue like you haven't noticed it. If your suspicions are correct, then you can probably look forward to hearing him come out/ask you out/something of that sort. If they're not, then everything's cool, cause you haven't done anything about it. However, if it gets uncomfortable or creepy, I would advise telling him what you've told us and letting him know you're not really comfortable with it because you think he's crushing/hitting on/wanting to date/whatever you, but you're pretty sure he's straight.

Good luck! Hopefully it all works out well!