1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Support/Advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AlabamaWhiskey, Apr 5, 2006.

1. AlabamaWhiskey

Hello there,

I am a 19 year old lesbian who essentially went back into the closet. I knew I wasn't straight since 13, and identified as bisexual for quite some time. For some reason, I was very open about being bi, I would say I was completely out at home and up at college (other than to my parents, but that's a different story). A couple of months ago I realized/decided that I am a lesbian, and even though I was never denying my attraction to women, realizing this has been one of the greatest events of my life. I've never been happier. But then something happened, I told my best friend (who's gay) and a couple of my other gay friends because I knew they'd be accepting. But other than that, I've kinda went back into the closet. I'm pretty sure is has to do with the fact that when people knew I was bi, I could still talk about guys and be "normal", the liking girls thing was just kinda in the back of people's minds. Being a lesbian is a whole different story. I also bring this up now because I've started dating someone. Keeping that a secret is a little more difficult than secretly liking women. Especially when you live in a dorm and have 3 roommates. I guess she is really what's pushing me to want to come (back) out, and I don't know why I'm so scared this time around. Any stories/advice would be appreciated. Thanks :icon_smil !

2. Matt

Matt Guest

AlabamaWhiskey, just because you come out of the closet doesn't mean if you don't wake up, yawn, stretch your arms wide and yell, "I'm GAY!" in the morning doesn't mean you're back in the closet. Once you're out, you're out, in my opinion.

Good luck!

3. TriBi

Yeh - well, Matt said it pretty well IMO...