1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sunnygirl553, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Sunnygirl553

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dear Alice,

I am a 20 year old female who is still in the closet as being bisexual. My best friend that I work with is a lesbian and I am attracted to her, but don't know how to tell her that I am Bi and that I like her. I dont think she sees bisexuality as a real thing. I am really on the fence about how to tell her and not lose her as a friend. she is really kind, sweet, and funny. I want to tell her so badly but I am afraid of the reaction she might have. please help me find a way to tell her.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally speaking, the smart move is to separate the "I'm gay (or bi)" talk with the "I'm interested in you" talk. So perhaps that'd be your first move - just letting her know you're bi. She may insist that there's no bisexuality, but it'd probably be smart simply not to argue the point with her. Just be firm in your identity. "No, I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual. :slight_smile:" Then give her some time to process that information before you approach her with the "I'm interested in you" one.

Lex

3. Sunnygirl553

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks for the great advice. i think i will tell her after i come back from vacation this week.

4. Sunnygirl553

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just came out to one of my other good friends. She took it pretty good. She said she was fine with it. Thanks for giving me the confidence to tell someone!

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey perhaps if you are good friends and you work with her you could at some point just say, 'she is hot', about someone passing by or about a famous person.

6. acd92

Definitely agree with separating the "I'm bi" talk with the "well, actually, I'm interested in you talk". Once she accepts the idea of you being bisexual, I'm sure you can have that talk with her without any worries. You may want to suggest it offhandedly, or make a "hypothetical" situation, while heavily implying that the situation actually has everything to do with you. Best of luck, and let us know how it goes! :slight_smile: