1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by StarofMiyu, Jun 13, 2011.

1. StarofMiyu

I can't shave my neck...even with gel it hurts...also how do I go about shaving my legs?

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Agh, shaving xD

Have you tried using an electric shaver? Does it irritate you or does it actually hurt? Because I really haven't heard too many people saying it hurts so I'm curious.

As for legs you could just go with creams like nair, shaving (buy special ones for legs. My sis at least says it helps xD) or you could wax.

3. StarofMiyu

Electric shavers don't get all the hair down to the follicle...also i don't know...

4. Mogget

Try shaving more frequently. The less hair there is to cut, the less it'll hurt.

5. StarofMiyu

some days i have no time cause i wake up at 8 am

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe try waking up a bit earlier then so that you have enough time to shave in the morning. Or try shaving before you go to bed. :slight_smile:

You might want to look into buying some better shavers. I think it would be worth to spend a bit more money. They might make it easier to shave and might also cause less irritation. As TheEdend has mentioned, get also some saving creams that will help.

7. EM68

You might want to shave in the shower. If you let the water run on you for a bit your skin softens up.

8. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Later at night, your skin isn't as sensative as it is first thing in the morning. That may be better.

9. StarofMiyu

my body is already set at 8 AM. I live right next to the school so there's like no point to get up earlier..

10. Tracy Lord

OK, couple things. I'm just beginning to get a handle on this stuff myself, so we're kind of in the same boat. Are you talking about razor bumps (ie, ingrown hairs)? I have a problem with that. Coochy helps immensely and makes the overall experience quicker, easier and more pleasurable. Don't even bother with any kind of shaving cream or gel.

Second, I just came back from the local sex toy store where I bought it (ie, the Happiest Place on Earth!). I told her I was still having problems with the razor bumps and she told me about an "old stripper trick": put plain anti-perspirant on right after shaving for a few minutes (then rinse it off). Apparently, the zinc helps close the pores. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know how it works out.

Good luck!

11. Tracy Lord

So I shaved in the bath last night before I went to bed; decided to leave the stuff on overnight. I woke up this morning and it actually seems to have healed the razor bumps that were there from the last time I shaved. With the exception of a bit of discoloration (scarring; I hear Retin A can fix that), my legs look and feel great.

And it wasn't expensive stuff, either. It was Mitchum and I paid $1.99 for it at the drugstore (which is good, because Coochy isn't cheap).