1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've thinking about this for a while now...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DarkClarity, Jun 14, 2011.

1. DarkClarity

Currently I'm deep in the closet but, I have been thinking about coming out to one of my friends. I know he's not homophobic but there are a few things stopping me:

1) I'm afraid he might accidently blab.

2) I'm not sure if it will help my situation. Every single member of my family is homophobic and I know for a fact that I'll be thrown out and disowned.

3) I don't want him looking at me differently or thinking "what if he fancies me?"

4) If I come clean about my sexuality I'll have to come clean about my other issues as well.

What should I do? :s

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're seriously worried he will tell others, your family might find out, or you might have to talk about your other issues, I would advise against it for right now.
    If you have so many reservations about coming and you believe they will come true but don't want them to, just hold off on it unless you can think of something else, I guess...

3. Mogget

Don't tell, not if there's a risk your family will throw you out. Also, be sure you're deleting your internet history so they don't find out you're going to EC. Even if you're using your own computer you should delete your history.

4. thomasJ722

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    you should not tell yet. if you are going to be thrown out for being you, you might as well just mooch off the people who will scrutinize you...at least until you can move out and make your own life.do not tell your friend if you feel that he might accidentally blab. i understand how it feels to hide such a defining secret...however, if you are going to tell someone, make sure that you tell a person who will take it to the grave with him or her, or, at least until you are ready to come totally out. Good Luck

5. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You'll be out of college and either moving on to a job or university soon. Wait until you can support yourself, in some way, before you open the floodgates.

If you feel you really cant wait, do tell your friend, but be sure he understands that your family can not find out about it yet.

(*hug*)