1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can i serv

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Colosses, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Colosses

Colosses Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i hear that gays r not aloud to serve in the military is that threw or is it a whey for people who do not like gays to keep them out of the armed forsis?:dry:

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Currently while Don't Ask Don't Tell has been repealed, the US Military is still working on fully incorporating it so that openly gay men and women may serve. So you can serve, but I'm not 100% sure on whether you have to still remain closeted or not.

3. sensitiveguy22

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm sorry, the spelling is so bad in your post I'm not sure whether to even take it seriously...but yes I have heard that is true. You can join but if they find out you're gay they'll kick you out or something I believe. I've heard that they think it causes problems if other members of the troop are aware of it...

#3 sensitiveguy22, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  4. msMattiKinz

You can serve in the Canadian Military openly, for several years now.

5. Colosses

Colosses Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ya sarey about the spieling i am dislecsic. will that is not fare i don't no what i wont to do naw after hi school.

6. sensitiveguy22

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Oh, that what it is? Usually when I see that sort of thing on message boards I conclude it's a troll, lol.

7. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The US military currently does not allow gays to serve openly. While a DADT repeal was initiated in 2010, it is pretty much stopped in its tracks until the President, the Secretary of Defense, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff certify in writing that they have reviewed the Pentagon's reports on the effects of DADT repeal.
    The Pentagon is instating a training program for current military members to learn how to deal with LGBT members.
    Once the Pentagon gives the information about whether LGBT integration "is consistent with the standards of military readiness, military effectiveness, unit cohesion, and recruiting and retention of the Armed Forces" and the three people I named above sign those papers, a 60 day period will be in effect. After these 60 days, if all goes well, yes, you will be able to serve openly in the military.

8. Colosses

Colosses Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    that is so unfair.:tears::tears::tears:

9. Zontar

Glad you're considering service to your country. My advice would be to enlist anyway and keep quiet until the cogs finally start turning for the DADT repeal. Remember that it's only being *openly* gay that is currently prohibited in the military.

10. Colosses

Colosses Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ya but i dont wont to be signal forever i wont to find the right man for me so gays shod be aloud to serve and git married.

11. Zontar

Career should be full, uncompromising priority in your life now. There's plenty of time for someone when you're out of the service.

12. Colosses

Colosses Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    k i am excepting the fact but i wood not say fully butterball i mean if u have lived my past the you wood fully understand. hears a ex. of on of thous horers 4 people on your football pholl a knife on u. thrust me that is not easy to forgit.:dry::tears: sary that whas alital harsh.:tears: sometimes i don't sleep do to fir of the passt.:tears: i apologies.

#12 Colosses, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011