1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what shud i do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Colosses, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Colosses

Colosses Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    so i have com out to 3 people naw and i wont to com out to another friend but i am afraid to. i am not so much afraid that he will stop being my friend but more of the fact that it mite change r relationship i am parity share he will except me but he mite feel uncunfterbal around me and and he mite took to his parints abaut me and they will forbid him to be my friend. I have nowen him for 2years nawe and we r good friends tow he dus not fully understand my jocks.so what sud i do?
    (i apologies for the spelling i am diclecsic)

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How did your other friends react to you being gay?

3. Raeil

First off, congratulations on starting to come out! It takes courage, but the end result is a life lived to the fullest!

Now, about your friend. You did say that he'd still be your friend (most likely) after you come out to him, so I don't think there's a lot to worry about here. Anytime something new happens or something unexpected happens, there is some small level of discomfort. This is a rather important part of you, which you are revealing, so it might cause some discomfort for a little bit. However, the more you hang out and do the things you normally do together, he'll gradually (or very quickly!) lose that discomfort as he remembers that you are you, not some stereotype.

I also don't think he'll tell his parents if you stress that you aren't ready to be fully out, and you don't want a lot of people to know. I'm pretty sure your friend will understand how much it took to come out to him, and won't make it harder on you by outing you to his parents. This isn't just because you are friends, but because of your age. Every teenager stereotypically (for good reason) has something they don't want their parents or other parents to know. He'll get it I'm sure.

Good luck, and post back here or feel free to post on my wall if you want any more help or just want to talk!

4. Colosses

Colosses Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hay thanks for all the idvies but the only thing i am cunserd about is how to thell him i just cant randomly call hem and saeu hay i am gay he wood be freekt out so haw shod i thell him:icon_sad:

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    do you have feelings for this guy in a romatic way? If not then it shouldn't change anything about your friendship, you are still the man you've always been just gay

6. Colosses

Colosses Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    will i he is not my tiep but he dusint toke much and he has never met a gay man

7. Colosses

Colosses Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i still dont no what to do