1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well this is awkward...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by skittlevomit, Jun 15, 2011.

1. skittlevomit

skittlevomit Guest

I think I'm in love with one of my best friends, who is supposedly straight despite acting really gay...
    What should I do?
    Do I tell him? :tears:

2. JamesD

Tough decision. I guess the first question is, are you out to him? Second question, are you willing to risk the friendship to tell him your feelings for him?

3. BlueFoxfireS8

Hi. :icon_bigg Welcome to EC.

First of all, you said you "think" you're in-love with your best friend. To save yourself the trouble of keeping this round your head all the time, take some time to really get it down to what it is. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, forget everything for a moment and think, do you really like him that much and in that way? 'Cause sometimes the stresses of everyday life magnify what we feel and really drive us crazy about something. So think about it first. :thumbsup:

Next, try to see where he really stands orientation-wise. It's not the best thing to do to tell him without being sure, right? And like JamesD said, it is potentially risky for your friendship so you might want to know what his attitude about these things is first.

I know that this sounds like it will take a long while to get done but in the long run, it would help you more if you just play it slow and ease yourself into your situation. And based on your current emoticon and mood, you feel really troubled. I'll be here if you want to talk some more though. :smilewave

4. sascha

If you're not out to him, I would come out to him and see how he reacts. Then later if you're flirting he'll know you're flirting and not just being nice, and can react accordingly :wink: