1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making it easier? to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Scandinavian, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Scandinavian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not out to anyone at all, yet. But I'm sick and tired of being afraid and struggling with my problems on my own. I want to come out to at least one person I care about before the summer is over! Its my Goal!

do you guys have any advice on how to make it easier to come out to someone???
    ((self esteem booster needed))

:help:

2. Colosses

Colosses Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    um will i came out ferst to my best friend thin to 1 of my female friends they will eather say it is cool whit them or cool we can tock about boys. will if i weer u i wood think abaut my frinds and mack cunklushins about haw thay wood respond to it. thrust me i whint thru the same thing and it is hared but remember if they cant exsept u being gay thin they wharnt your friend.
    (i apologizes for the spelling)

#2 Colosses, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There really isn't an easy way to come out to someone, especially if it's your first time.
    The thing that finally got me to come out was telling my friend that I had something to tell her.
    This works wonders if he person you are telling is persistent and you know they won't spill your secret if you don't want them to.
    It ties you into telling them, and once they know you had something to tell them, you can't back out of it.
    Once you're in this position, all you have to do is take the plunge, there's no way you could get out of it, but it's all for the best in the end.

It is very difficult to do, but it will all work out, trust me!
    Just be sure you pick the right person to come out to first.
    Good luck! :slight_smile:

4. MickiNinaj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first time is always the hardest. You just have to make sure that you tell a friend you can trust, For me it seems like it's easier to come out to females. You'd be surprised how excited some can be, haha. Just start by bringing up a gay subject like... um, Ellen Degeneres, or the song Born This Way. If they react positive or even just neutral, then they will probably be very supportive when you tell them. I guess I'm just kind of stressing that you need to make sure it's someone you can absolutely trust. But once you do come out to someone supportive, it's usually not as bad as you would expect. Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As the others have mentioned, your first coming out is going to be the hardest.

It sounds like that you are ready to start coming out. Maybe try the mirror routine. Stand in front of a mirror and say out loud 'I want to come out.' While you say that and listen to yourself saying the words, try to gauge as to how you feel. If everything feels right, then maybe start thinking about as to who would be a good person to come out to.

Do you have a best or close friend whom you can trust and know would be supportive? A lot of people start their coming out process by coming out to their best or close friends because they know they can trust them.

If you have a friend whom you can trust and feel would be a good person to come out to, think about a good spot/place and time to take him/her aside and talk to. Sometimes, the best opportunities present themselves without you actually having to do any planning.

But try not to over think it. Once you have said yourself 'I am going to go for it,' try to go for it.

I'm sure it is going to be alright and things are going to turn out fine. (*hug*)