1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which guy should I choose?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fiddlemiddle, Jun 15, 2011.

1. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well there is an guy lets call him A. I am good friends with him and I have had an crush on him along time, however we have not been intimate for at least an year.

An few months ago I met an another guy and lets call him B. He cute but dont think he is just as cute as A but he has an crush on me and tells me at times he wants to have an relationship with me. He never had an boyfriend and like him I never had an boyfriend.

A lives close to me but B lives quite an distance from me.

If I did not have an crush on A I would go out with B but I admit I starting to like B now. Anyway I miss the time I had with A when I was intimate, and not sure if it will ever return.

Should I keep my hopes up for A or should I consider going out with B or should I consider neither of them?

#1 fiddlemiddle, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

It sounds like B would be a better choice. You would be more comfortable with eachother because he likes you and neither of you have been in a relationship. Living a distance may be slightly difficult, but it seems like B would be the logical choice based on what I know.

3. thomasJ722

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Go B !!!!!!Go B!!!!! Go B!!!!!

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I feel it would be improper for me to tell you should either go with A or B. You are the only person who can make this decision. No one else.

From the little bit what you have mentioned, it sounds like you have feelings for both of them, which is totally fine and it can happen. Different people, at times, provide different things or have qualities that we like and feel drawn to.

I think it would be good if you would try to take a step back and ask yourself, for whom do I have stronger feelings? Which of them gives me the things that I am looking for in a relationship or in a boyfriend?

Follow your feelings, and what feels right for you. I could tell you go with this or that person, but at the end of the day, you are the one that has to live with his decision. Don't make a decision based on 'with whom should I go' but rather on 'where do my feelings and heart lie'.

5. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, B sounds more logical choice, if thing go extremely well the next time I meet with B I will ask him to be my bf. But at the same time I still have hopes for A. I let you guys how things turn out.

#5 fiddlemiddle, Jun 15, 2011
  6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate to say this, but honestly, you are potentially setting yourself up for a disaster (if that is the right word).

Take a break and think and evaluate your feelings. Choosing someone and still having hopes for the other person, is being very unfair to the person who are dating or with whom you are trying to make things work. Not only that, but you are also being unfair to yourself.

Before you ask either one of them out and before you find yourself on a roller coaster ride, take a step back. Ask yourself: 'where do my feelings lie?' 'What kind of feelings do I have for A and what kind of feelings do I have for B?'

Give it some thought and try to understand your feelings for the both of them before jumping in with both feet.

7. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know and B knows I have feelings for A and does not like it yet B still wants a relationship with me. I even told B an few mths ago I after A instead of B, but he still messaged me believing he still has some chance with me. But nowthings are an bit different and I more open minded.

I will give it some thought. I barely spent time with B and I do intend to spend more time with him to see how things can go.

Once I in an relationship I do intend to stick with the guy instead of another guy.

#7 fiddlemiddle, Jun 15, 2011
  8. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I made my decision. I will choose neither. I not ready for anyone for an relationship.

9. Ecap1

^That was unexpected. But that's probably the best to do, especially since you said you're not ready for one.

P.S. Whenever I read the title of this thread I can't help but think of Rebecca Black's "which seat can I taaaakee?"

10. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I prefer A, even though things may not progress into an relationship. B would definietly go out with me but I just want to see where A ends up.

11. Alex19

12. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    B is obsessed by me. I met B once but I just dont feel much of an spark and he lives quite an distance from me. A I know much better and see him alot and lives not far from me.

13. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Its been an old thread but I made my decision. I have chosen B. He the best for me and now not interested in trying to get on to A. We not bfs yet but we seem to like each other.

14. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

cool :slight_smile: glad you could decide, hope it works out!

15. feelindown

feelindown Guest

sounds like things are over with A. if they weren't you would still be hanging out and developing something. sounds like A will always be a good friend but if he was interested in being intimate or connecting with you in a relationship, it would have happened by now.

give B a chance. you like him, he likes you a lot. both of you have never had a relationship and this would be a great place to start.