1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's next: the one I'm crushing on or the one crushing on me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by aceofnoise23, Jun 15, 2011.

1. aceofnoise23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so I've basically come out to my closest friends and I don't know where to go from here. I mean, like... I'm just sorta lost. I have a crush on one of my straight friends (which makes things awk, cuz I really enjoy hanging with him) so I feel like I should tell him just so that I can be open around him. Also, my friend just told me a girl I know might have a crush on me, and I want to tell her so as not to break her heart, but I don't think I'm close enough to her to tell her I'm gay...

Gosh, being a sophomore makes none of this easier. D:

2. Mr.Pushover

You just gotta give it to her like it is. Don't try to make it sound like she has a hope, let her down easy, but not too easily. Also, i fail to see how being a sophomore makes a difference xD

3. aceofnoise23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I put that because I thought being a Sophomore would give me more courage and stuff, I mean before I was a scared little freshman, but now I'm a year older, a year wiser. I thought it would help me come out... but it didn't. DX Anyway, thanks for the advice!

#3 aceofnoise23, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  4. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh ace, the year doesn't change you, only you can change you, and you might want to tell the girl you're just not interested, you don't have to come out to her if you don't want to, come out at whatever pace you're comfortable with

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have second-hand news that a girl you're not all that close with might have a crush on you...
    That's a lot of conjecture. There's still room enough to tell her if she ever decides to ask you out. Walking boldly on to her and declaring you're not interested might come off totally wrong if your friend got it wrong, or she changed her mind.

So for now, I think it's best to actually focus on telling your best friends, followed by your second-best friends etc. The more people know and react well, the easier it gets.

That might include your straight crush. I'm partial to coming out first and not launch into declarations of love head-on. If you tell him about the crush, it might be best to let him get used to the idea of you being gay first.