1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal for a 17yr old?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DarkClarity, Jun 16, 2011.

1. DarkClarity

Hi there.

Lately, over the past month. I've been having odd dreams. Normally I'd just dismiss them but this time I think that they must mean something.

The reoccuring theme of all these dreams is me taking care of a baby. Feeding it, protecting it from harm and playing with it. The baby is always somehow related to me. It's sometimes my cousin and sometimes it's a sibling (even though I'm a only child). It's never my own baby.

This must mean something right?

I do have depression and anixety issues. I'm stuck in a rut at the moment. And this may sound odd but the reason why I think I'm having these dreams is because I'm looking for a reason to live. (I have regular suicidial thoughts but haven't acted on them yet).

But why dreams about baby? I'm 17 I don't want a child! Is there another reason why I'm having dreams?

Could it be because I'm lonely? I'm sorry if this seems silly but it's really bugging me?

Has anyone else had dreams about babies? If your around my age can you answer?

Sorry this post is so long by the way.

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Maybe subconsciously you want the feeling of responsibility or something???

But then again its just a dream.

3. Danny19

i found this online. maybe you can get an idea
    dreaming of a baby
    Baby

To see a baby in your dream, signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted. If you find a baby in your dream, then it suggests that you have acknowledged your hidden potential. If you dream that you forgot you had a baby, then it suggests that you are trying hide your own vulnerabilities; you do not want to let others know of your weaknesses. Alternatively, forgetting about a baby, represents an aspect of yourself that you have abandoned or put aside due to life's changing circumstances. The dream may serve as a reminder that it is time for you to pick up that old interest, hobby, or project again.

If you dream that you are on your way to the hospital to have a baby, then it signifies your issues of dependency and your desires to be completely cared for. Perhaps you are trying to get out of some responsibility. If you are pregnant in real life, then a more direct interpretation may simply mean that you are experiencing some anxieties of making it to the hospital when the time comes.

To dream of a crying baby, symbolizes a part of yourself that is deprived of attention and needs to be nurtured. Alternatively, it represents your unfulfilled goals and a sense of lacking in your life. If you dream that a baby is neglected, then it suggests that you are not paying enough attention to yourself. You are not utilizing your full potential. Alternatively, this dream could represent your fears about your own children and your ability to protect and to provide for them.

To dream about a starving baby, represents your dependence on others. You are experiencing some deficiency in your life that needs immediate attention and gratification.

To dream that a baby is walking or dancing, refers to the potential and possibilities that life has in stored for you. The future looks bright. The dream may also be a metaphor that you need to take baby steps in your relationship, toward your goal, in a work project or whatever undertaking. If you have a baby in real life, then the dream is a reflection of your hopes for that baby.

To dream of an extremely small baby, symbolizes your helplessness and your fears of letting others become aware of your vulnerabilities and incompetence. You may be afraid to ask for help and as a result tend to take matters into your own hands. An Online Guide To Dream Interpretation

To see a dead baby in your dream, symbolizes the ending of something that was once a part of you.

To dream that you are dipping a baby in and out of water, signifies regression. You are regressing to a time where you had no worries and responsibilities. Alternatively, such a scenario is reminisce of when the baby is in the fetus and in its comfort zone. In fact, some expectant mothers even give birth in a pool, because the environment in the water mimics the environment in the uterus. It is less traumatic for the baby as it emerges into the world. So perhaps, the dream represents your search for your own comfort zone.

4. haelmarie

I don't really remember my dreams, but I always daydream about having kids? I don't know if that's relevant.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>This must mean something right?

It means you're dreaming about taking care of a baby. Seriously. Anything beyond that is conjecture. At least, that's what the boring pragmatic gargoyle believes.

My dreams range from boring to wtf, and often with vast detail. Last night, I dreamed I took a bath in a tub made of old mattresses and ate a delicious sundae while in the tub. The one part I definitely understand is the sundae - I went to sleep thinking "I'd love some ice cream." The previous night had me, a co-worker and a drag queen friend of mine rescuing a gorilla from some evil doers. (And I think they were driving the ZZ Top car.) All standard stuff for my dreams. But I never bother wondering "what it all means". It's just a cool-ass dream. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I don't remember most of my dreams, but once in awhile when I do, I try not to think about them.

I don't really understand the meaning of dreams, but you might want to think about if you were happy in your dream or if you were just neutral or even unhappy.

7. DarkClarity

I was quite happy in the dreams.

8. Gumtree

The odd thing about dreams, is that they don't reflect time correctly.

Dreams that may feel like they go for hours, happen in fractions of a second, and not only that, they're occuring simultaneously with other dreams.

Most research agrees that you since you remember such a tiny fraction of the dreams you have, when by coincidence you have vastly similar or similar-themed dreams, your chances of remembering them are greater, similarly, once you've acknowledged that you've had a dream while conscious, the chances of both having AND remembering a similar dream are greatly increased.

Try not to read into dreams, they like having your fortune told; you will always TRY and interpret them in a way that seems appropriate to you.

9. theWorldisYours

My last dream was about two elderly black women fighting over gelato. I really don't think this has any significance in my life. We remember dreams because something about them is bizarre and wouldn't normally happen.

10. ICTOAUN

dreams basically bring your subconcious out in the open. maybe you keep dreaming about babies because you have not dealt with whatever issue the baby symbolizes. consider looking over Danny19's message again, and try to figure out what the baby meant to you in the dream. this should help solve your mystery dreams

11. StarofMiyu

the only dreams i have lately are ones of me being female being raped a very..mmph... large man.

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    a baby could represent someone or something fragile, nothing odd about the dream.
    You should take dreams with a grain of salt they don't always have some deep hidden meaning

13. sickoflimbo

I don't analyze dreams usually, so I don't have any real advice, sorry. This quote just made me laugh so hard. Funny dream. :slight_smile:

14. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

well caring for things often cheers people up, gives them a reason to live and smile. what more meaningful thing is there to care for than a child? :slight_smile: however since you're 17, maybe you could get a pet like a dog or something to care for- dogs can be very loving