1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Help on Handling a Strange Situation?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CyanForest, Jun 17, 2011.

1. CyanForest

I'm gay, and I have a gay friend who's come out to me, but doesn't know that I'm gay as well. Whenever we come over, we tend to swim in the stream, and he's starting to pressure me to go skinny dipping. I really like him, and I've been wanting to ask him out, but I don't want to start even a failed relationship with him like that.

I've tried to tell him, but he doesn't believe me, because I act straight to every guy in the grade, and because I've dated several girls to try and convince everyone that I'm straight.

I've put that behind me now, and I need to know how I can take a step forward. Any advice on how to approach him seriously? He's into drama, and he's "conveniently" fallen onto me multiple times, so I was thinking about a kiss to show him that I'm serious, but I think that's a bit too much.

Help? (Sorry for the rambling! :sleep:slight_smile:

2. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

What if you were totally straight forward? And then you told him that you are interested in a relationship but that you don't want to do certain things right now. You seem to want to take it much slower then he wants to. I think he wants to pressure you a bit so that he can believe you. He probably wants to believe you, but doesn't completely yet because you have not "proven" it. You shouldn't have to by kissing him or etc. I don't think.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nudity does not equal sex.

Now... to young people that may not necessarily be the case, but skinny dipping can be entirely nonsexual, and, honestly, once you get used to the concept that being naked and being sexual are not intrinsically connected, then it becomes a non-issue.

Of course, that said, it's possible the *reason* he wants to get you naked is to then convince you to, uh, do things with him. And it's entirely possible that you're more obvious than you realize and he totally knows you're gay.

So it really depends on your read of the situation. If you think it's just a "let's have fun swimming in the stream naked" without any ulterior motives, then really, there is no issue with it. If you think he's going to try to lead it in a different direction, then I'd say wait until you are ready (if ever) to take the relationship in that direction.

4. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ask him out. That should proof enough, shouldn't it?

5. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    LOL this is so simple. Show him your "naughty/sexy" picture file or make one and tell him "not to go there". Lets be realistic here, nothing says I'm gay like a "naughty/sexy gay file" and the bigger the better and more convincing. If he still denies it then he's playing with you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: