1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I might be crazy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thedylan, Jun 18, 2011.

1. thedylan

so I have declared myself as a kinsey 2.5 but thats only when I dont have the possibility of being with a girl, is it normal to refer to myself as a kinsey 1.5 or 2 because I mainly see myself ending up with a girl and just fantasize about men when I am not in a relationship? I dont fantasize about being with a man just having sex with him and well a little being with him like how I would act around the house with him and stuff but I still believe this would classify me as a little gay if not kinsey 2. I have no problem with that I was just wondering if this is a normal behavior and acceptable.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Define 'little gay.' I think you are placing too much of an emphasis on the Kinsey scale. :slight_smile: I don't think it really matters where you are on the Kinsey scale, regardless if you are if you are in a relationship with a girl or not.

Sexual identities and attractions don't work in the way you have described it. We can have different levels of physical and emotional attractions to different people. Sometimes, we fall for someone, but don't have a strong emotional attraction to them and vice versa.

Is it normal? Yes it is. What ever feels right for you is what really matters, nothing else. :slight_smile:

3. Tracy Lord

What I am discovering is that the only label you need is your name. Everyone is different, everyone is unique. Maybe we are both "bisexual," but that could mean two completely different things. In other words, someone might be 50 percent gay and 50 percent straight (so to speak) and someone else might be 90 percent straight and 10 percent gay (again, don't take these too literally; I'm just using them as imperfect examples). The point, I think, is to find out who *you* are. What I am has absolutely no bearing on you finding peace (which is the point). And vice versa.

>I was just wondering if this is a normal behavior and acceptable.

As long as you aren't hurting yourself or others and whatever you're doing is consensual (and not breaking any age laws), it is acceptable (hopefully there aren't any other major exceptions I'm leaving out...). I'm saying this because while I was always accepting (and even encouraging) of others, I never accepted myself. Accepting yourself is sometimes the hardest thing to do.

Enjoy your journey!

4. thedylan

Well thankyou guys I think it helps me more to put somewhat of a label on it because I feel as if I should have a certain place I would feel comfortable so I think I am just tryin to find that one label I am exactly like then I will know how I am you know, I dont really know how to say it because I got a lot going on right now.

5. Tracy Lord

I totally get that you're trying to figure out who you are. That's great. I was just saying not to compare yourself to anyone else. I was just responding to words you were using like "normal" and "acceptable."

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It is totally understandable that you want to fit into a label, and which is totally okay. From what you have said, maybe a comfortable label for you would be "bi, leaning towards girls."

Are you trying to find a label so you can better deal with the other things that are going on right now?

Try not to rush finding a label that fits you 'perfectly' though. When we try hard to fit into a certain category or label, we tend to start missing things that could help us to understand our feelings better and make better sense of them.

7. Tracy Lord

That's what I was trying to say, but I think you said it much better....

8. thedylan

Ok as for the things goin on right now I just have been through a lot and have not had the best upbringing nor the mediocre upbringing I will probably post a thread later just so I can get everything off my chest, but no its not to feel better about that its because I am feeling lost and just wanna have a place to call home but you guys are right I shouldnt rush it