1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHH! Cute boy likes me!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zzzero, Jun 19, 2011.

1. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so, this is the same guy I was talking about in this thread. I'll refer to him as B.

Well, I threw a party and invited him. He said maybe he would come, and I really didn't think he was going to, but he did! He showed up after work, and started talking to me when he got there. We were hanging out for the rest of the party just talking and socializing with people. Then the party was starting to die down and people were falling asleep. He was still very awake and so was I and my roommate and his date (who is also friends with B). So we were all just hanging out in my room, then his friend left, leaving my roommate to walk her home. Originally she wanted B to walk her home because they showed up together. He kept emphasizing that he wasn't tired and still wanted to hang out for a while (she had to wake up early the next morning). He even offered to walk her back then ride his bike back to my house. So my roommate ended up walking her home then it was just me and him. We made out, which slowly turned into him staying over... if you catch my drift.
    So anyways the next morning we slept in until 11 and then just spent the morning together in bed, relaxing. I had to leave by 12:30, so he left when I did and he kissed me goodbye when he left. It was pretty clear he was into me, and said he wanted to hang out again.

How long should I wait to try to set something up? I'm the one who added him on facebook and invited him to the party, so I feel like I should wait for him to set something up or contact me in some way. But I don't want to screw it up by missing the opportunity. I also don't want to make myself seem too eager. What should I do?

Should I wait a few days or like a week before doing anything? I want to give him the chance to invite me to do something, but I want to get other people's opinions...
    I really like him, and it seems he really likes me!

2. Danny19

well ive never been in this situation. However in my opinion i say you wait between a few days and a week. and if he doesnt do anything hit him up and ask if he would like to hang out. just a thought

oh and good luck :slight_smile:

3. VentinIntrovert

Wow thats a wonderful story. Like something that would occur in a movie... I am so jealous haha... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'd say give him a shout. If you wait, he might think you are not interested, and worst if your are both thinking the same thing and no one will contact each other. Take the initiative...

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, well that's one for contacting now, and one for contacting later. We have a tie!

Also, I recently got a lot of messages from other guys on an online dating site and they're all normal guys who i'd actually want to date. I'v been asked on a lot of dates and I keep saying maybe. But to be honest, I'm really into B. Should I not bother going on dates with people if i'm really into him? I feel bad because I do want to go on dates with those guys but I know it's more likely to go somewhere with B.

5. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

One guy at a time :slight_smile: Stick to B! It sounds like it is all going in the right direction with him, and you have liked him for awhile.

And I would wait a few days, no more then 4.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think it would only be fair, if you would keep going on dates with B only. Imagine how you would feel if you would start to date someone, and that person would tell you or you would find out that he has been going on dates with other guys too. If you are trying to date someone, you make a commitment to that person, in that you are saying 'I would like to get to know you.'

But here is the thing though. You say you are "really into B" though yet, you are still thinking about wanting to go on dates with others as well. If you are 'really into B' you shouldn't be having these kinds of thoughts. Something for you to think about.

If you really like him and would like to date him, send him a message and just ask him when would he have some time to hang out.

7. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I am into B. That is true. However, I haven't been recieving messages from guys I'd actually want to meet until I met him, and it just feels like a missed opportunity. Plus, I'm also in it for friends.
    I said I'd go on a date with one guy already (before the party happened). I feel like I'v led someone on. I want to go on the date because it would still be great to make some new friends. Should I just inform this other guy that I'v gone on dates with other guys?

I would definitely not want to go on a date with someone, have it go well, then find out that he's more into the other guy. But is that unreasonable?
    I want to go on a date with this other guy just to meet him and get to know him. Is there any way I can do it where I won't hurt someone's feelings?

8. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so I did end up texting B on monday, inviting him to go do trivia with me and some friends of mine. Maybe I should have waited, but I wanted to break the texting barrier. He couldn't come because he was going to a show that night.

At this point, i'm not going to text him. I'm just going to wait it out. He's turning 21 next week, so I'll just hope he invites me to whatever he's doing. If not, should I just call it quits and accept that this isn't going to go anywhere?

I'm easily discouraged I guess. I really like him and I want to hang out with him, but I want it to be because he wants to hang out. Being that we last hung out at a party, I wasn't really in the right mind-set to have good conversation...

I'm so bad at waiting.

9. TheWanderer

i would wait, give it a few days and see what happens. He may just be busy or is the type of person that needs to be pursued whether it be via text or in conversation etc... I would wait a few days and see if he says anything. If not try again, maybe this time something that is just you two not a bunch of people. Casual coffe or something. If it doesnt happen at that point I would call it quits. There really isnt any good reason to waste your efforts on someone who may not feel the same.

best of luck.

btw, you wana grab a coffee?...?

10. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe if I knew anything about you lol.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna wait till his birthday I think... so far i'v initiated everything, and a 21st birthday is a good event to invite someone to lol

11. TheWanderer

lol.. ya it wasnt meant to be serious anyhow.

best of luck. hopefully everything goes well. O and another thought, in regards to his 21st, if you are invited dont expect to have much attention thrown your way. Thinking back to my 21st NOBODY/NOTHING was important except my glass being full. So dont get discouraged if it isnt really what you might want it to be.

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    people seem to have rules of waiting 3 days or something like that, but I that's all horse shit. If you like the guy call him ask him when he wants to hang out again. simple.

13. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See, that's what I'd like to do, but I don't. I'm afraid of doing the wrong thing and ruining my chances. I'v already done all of the initiating so far, and I want to give him the opportunity, but I don't want to miss out on something that could be more because I like this guy. I want to get to know him better, but I think I shouldn't act so eager. But I'm so impatient. I don't want to seem to attatched or clingy, but I do really want to hang out. It's one of those situations where every step I take makes me think I'v screwed my chances.

14. thedylan

well I would love to wait in this situation but I have this problem of just wanting to talk ans sometimes it ruins things but in others it really shows that I am one dedicated guy

15. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, here's an update.

Yesterday my roommate went on a date with B's friend. She told him that I played it smart by not texting him because he just got out of a like 2 year relationship with another guy that goes to my school, and it's only been 6 months. So I guess he's been hooking up with guys then not talking to them again. But he really seemed like he liked me, but thinking back on that, I kindof forced him to take my number by saying "You should get my number" instead of asking for his. But he was also the one who went in and kissed me goodbye! I was prepared for an awkward hug! ha ha! Well I had texted him once inviting him out but he was busy. So I waited and didn't text anything, started just moving on, and he texts me last night, with just general conversation! So should I take this really well, like he really likes me, or should I take this as he wants to do it again?

I would understand if he wasn't ready for a relationship, I'm sure a long relationship like that can screw with someone for a while. So should I bother? There's also another guy I'v been talking to and looking forward to meeting soon, so maybe i'm better off?