1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a boyfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Salazar, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Salazar

Assuming I came out, how would I go about finding myself a boyfriend? I'm 16 and don't know any gay people. Also, though I don't have anything in particular against queens, I don't see myself going out with one. If nature runs its course and I anded up with a queen that would be fine.

2. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Mhh good question. Some may say to wait for the right guy to come along. While others would say to get involved in a Gay-Straight Alliance club at your school (if there is one), or look for organizations that are centered around LGBT. Or you could try finding gay friends online by Facebook or idk( Use proper caution when using online sites:slight_smile:.

I almost find myself in the same boat. My friends consist of 99.0% straight and 1.0% gay, so I don't know that many gays.:frowning2: But I am not really looking for a BF or stuff.xD

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wait. It's how I found my boyfriend.

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you're not quite old enough for dating sites so your best bet is to wait it out, make sure people know you're gay, and hopefully eventually you'll meet another gay person and hit it off! When you turn 18, join a dating site if you're still not dating. It's just another way to look for a boyfriend, you should still look around every day life too ha ha

5. Camman3

People always said to me ït just happens when you least expect it - don't rush it". But there is nothing wrong with making a conscious effort.

I have been on dating sites and chatrooms since I was 14yo looking for guys. What you will come to see is that many people use technology to find sex, because it is much easier and more accessible. Also, as an under-18 you will have to wait until you are older enough to join most dating sites.

When I came out at 16, I expected my life to change, to find more gay friends and find a boyfriend. it doesnt work like that, always, unfortunately... Prepare yourself for that.

I would strongly recommend the Gay Youth Corner for you (The Gay Youth Corner) because it is a very nice cyber-environment. Explicit pictures and chats are prohinited. And the age limit is 25, so you will find lots of young guys looking for friends and boyfriends in your area. GYC has many members in most places, especially in America and the UK. As a South African I'm unlucky there because there arent many guys out here lol.

Check out that site and try some other teen chatrooms. Remember, in a chatroom, you have the power of anonymity. If you announce you are gay/bi looking to chat to other guys, even if people say harmful things, they cant actually harm you and will never influence your life thereafter. So dive in, take a chance, and get chatting to some guys!! Try make some friends and even met that special boy :slight_smile:

With nearly 5 years of experience in this, I can tell you its not an easy road ahead... There are very few diamonds in the rough, but when you find them it is worth it to hold on. Have made some pretty good friends, especially lately with access to 18+ sites and more people coming out at college age. I met two of my boyfriends on theGYC.

Goodluck, buddy :slight_smile:

6. HantsBen

I am in this exact same problem!! But then my problem is only a few people know about myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. ShebbsIsAwesome

I joined the GSA at my school and came out after a few meetings, (felt great to be out and open to everybody btw) then the president asked me out, we've been dating for almost two months. :slight_smile: I thought that there was no point in coming out since there was only one guy in the school that I could see myself with, and since he was bi he wouldn't like me... but then he ended up liking me. Don't just come out to date, come out and eventually you will get into a relationship... Or you could join that site that Camman3 suggested

8. Lolguy

You're still pretty young, so don't worry yourself too much over it. But if you plan on going to college, a lot of things change there. I'm not in college, but when I went to the orientation and chose my classes, I was easily able to pick out a lot of gay guys there.