1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice to get to know them better.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by korhawaus, Nov 13, 2007.

1. korhawaus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi,
    Last weekend my friend(a girl) asked me if i wanted to go out to eat dinner at a restaurant. I asked who was going and she named 6 girls and 3 guys including me. One of the guy she named was this guy i liked for a while so i said yes and i was looking forward to going that night. Well see this guy, i used to be really really good friends with him back in middle school but after we got to high school we kinda lost touch and never really talked to each other again. But he does hang out in my area at school so i see him everyday. But i dont talk to him anymore.

The thing that gets me the most is that we used to be a bit gay...but never really said anything to each other about it. It was loonnngg time ago. So i dont know if he changed or whatever. So anyway the night of the dinner, i dressed really nice haha. I was looking forward to seeing him someplace other than school! Anyway it was me and my friend that came to the dinner first and we talked. Then after he came after joining. So right now its just me, friend, and him. I just said like hey and did a hand shake thing with him. But that was it other than just simple short questions. He mostly talked to the other girl. Then the rest of the people arrived.

We went to sit down at the restaurant and i wanted to sit next to him but it just didnt work out i guess. He sat across me and all the way on the other side. but i can still see him clear close. Remember how i said there is 6 girls and 3 guys including me. The other two guys sat together which made me a little angry. Ill just call them guy 1 guy 2 and guy 3. Ill be guy 1. guy 2 is the other dude and guy 3 is the dude i like. Heres the table layout. The two rows are facing each other. Theres a table in the middle. X represent people.

X X X X-him
    me-X X X X X
    (X's are supposed to be lined up, idk why its like that..)

So anyway, I didnt talk to him once throughout the dinner, i guess we were both really quiet that time. But whenever i looked at him we would have couple eye contacts but after i just looked away. But the thing is, guy 2 and guy 3 didnt know each other ever, tonight was the first night they talked. And they talked so much more then me and guy 3. Oh btw im good friends with guy 2. But yeah i was really bummed that they got along and talked sooo much. Oh guy 2 is a bit gay but not out. The one i like doesnt act gay at all but he might be. Anyway they talked like the whole night.

Everytime i said something to guy 3 it would end short. Didnt go long i guess. Maybe it was just cuz it was like yes or no questions. So after the dinner, guy 3 said farewell to everyone and was leaving. I was sitting down all depressed i didnt really get to know him any better and while he was leaving, he called guy 2 and did something or said something i couldnt see, and then they just started laughing together. Damnnn! its like they got to know each other more you know what i mean. It sucked so much i was depressed all night. He makes straight comments sometimes like "oh shes pretty yeah?" but i say that kinda stuff too so who knows. I hear lots of comments on him being gay anyway. But it might just be fooling around kinda thing. Im just confused on what to do. He might like me too but idk if hes not talking cuz hes nervous or what?

What do you think i have to do to get to talk to him like i have long time ago. And dont tell me to say like "oh i wanna be friends again like last time" cuz thats just plain weird and akward. I know there is something between us because i can feel it sometimes. At least i think.

Alright well that was really long. i got one more to tell about another guy. He is Bi. Hes out already. Hes had boyfriends and stuff. I've never really known him personally but i have talked to him. He was in my summer school class and right now hes in my chemistry class. I just wanna know him better. Hes not in my lab table so kinda hard to talk to him. Idk hes just really good looking haha. Any tips? Better yet, how do i let these guys know im GAY and i want them!!!!! jkjk.
    Sorry guys its really long. But i appreciate any help.

2. CrimsonThunder

Why don't you say, remember how we used to do this... together all the time? That was pretty fun. Don't ask questions that are either yes or no answers, they are called open questions.

What type of music do you like?
    Whats your favorite tv shows?
    ect.

3. nisomer

I agree with crimsonthunder. Open ended questions work the best. At the same time, talk about ANYTHING you guys have in common. School always works, since you guys go to the same school you can relate to most of the stuff in the conversation. Talk about scheduling, classes, teachers, etc...

4. korhawaus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks guys. Its just hard to ask anything. Because we havent talked in so long its probably hard to even remember our friendship! But yesterday he said hi to me when i seen him at the fun fair. haha. But yeah its just akward....