1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCD and ruminating

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katmando, Nov 14, 2007.

1. katmando

This really does not have to do with being gay, but I could use some support. I think I am overly sensitive.

Sometimes I go to a board where they discuss local tv. I do not go there that often because the people are rather mean on there

Anyway, I posted something about some of the local tv people. I admit some of it was probably a tad mean spirited towards the personalities. But I never attack the posters directly. Just the personalities. :wink:

Well anyway, a poster started attacking my grammar, telling me I know nothing etc etc. I think what hurts the most is when someone attacks my writing and grammar. Not sure why, but it really HURTS. It makes me believe I do not know how to write. Or maybe I will forget how. Now I am am concerned about usage of past tense while I write or talk. God, I sound really off. If you had a convseration with me over the phone you would never think I was screwed up. I hide it well.

The person attacking me was attacking a lot of people on the board. I guess my problem is I had trouble decherping who they were attacking. And I keep thinking the attacks were on me, because the post were close/next to mine. Although, I do not think most of the attacks were on me. But even if they were does it really matter??

A lot of people think the person who was doing a lot of the name calling/telling people off is actually a reporter at one of the stations. She is actually known to come on the board. But who really knows??

For the last couple of days I can not stop thinking about it. So today I finally emailed someone from the board who is nice and asked them if the attacks were directed at me.

I know it wasn't right for me to attack the tv personalities. But I am human and sometimes I can be mean spirited to. If I construced my time better I would not be fretting about this. Even though I only have gone back to the board once to email someone.

In my mind at times I keep replaying the insults that were exchanged and I think many told the poster who they believed worked at a local station. She has no right to judge because her station is in last place(But then I keep trying to remember if that's what the poster said to the other poster)

I even was going back and forth if I should put a wink next after the statement "just the personalities" in my 3rd mini paragraph above. I think I did because I did not want people on here to be angry with me.

I just care too much. Its tiring.

Justin :bang:

#1 katmando, Nov 14, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  2. Louise

Hi Justin,
    it's funny I was just talking, this lunchtime, to my son who was saying that I didn't know how lucky I was here because most boards are really horrible with people attacking others with no good reason and going on until that person leaves the board and that he hopes EC never gets like that.

I think you are a very sensitive person and must try and get some perspective on this. These people, whether they are talking about you or not are just nasty pieces of work that you should try to mentally flush down the toilet with the other waste products.

Of course you have the right to be mean from time to time, we all have. You have the right to your opinions and you have the right to say them, especially if you are talking about personalities and not actual people.

One thing I hang on to, if people start attacking me on my grammer or spelling, or looks or whatever, its probably (9 times out of 10) because they haven't got a proper argument to put forward so they rubbish me to make me feel bad so that I back down.

Don't let them win, don't let them get you down, you are doing so good at the moment. Put these stupid insensitive people out of your mind. Oh, and one more thing... avoid that horrible board :kiss:

3. katmando

And although I did not tell my dad about the board thing because he would think its inane(which it probably is to some degree).

I just need to get a job. I am going to look today. I have too much time to think

Justin

4. Louise

Hey good luck with the job hunting :thumbsup:

As for the board being inane, you are probably right but whats wrong with inanities... as long as they don't turn nasty. I'ts good to escape from reality somtimes with a bit of inanity/silliness or just plain good old fashion FUN (!) (!) (!)

Keep us posted for the job, I'll keep my fingers crossed until you get one, so if you could hurry up... :lol: :lol: :lol: